A step back in time....

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 pm

If you like windmills or old machinery you will enjoy this:

http://netnebraska.org/media/media.php? ... 1718&low=0

Pretty neat place, lost in time….

Re: A step back in time....

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:11 pm

I was expecting to see an IH decal on that pith helmet sitting on the desk. :lol: Great video David, thanks.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:16 pm

David, that is awesome. Would be neat to be able to visit a place like that.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Mr E wrote:David, that is awesome. Would be neat to be able to visit a place like that.

:thumbsup:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:43 am

That's really neat! It's hard to believe that the place has not been vandalized in all these years, I'm glad it wasn't! Sure would be neat to visit!

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks for posting a great video !!!

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:02 am

David,

Awesome!!!! I'm ready to go take a look.

Bill

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:49 am

Great video! I love stuff like this!! Hope they were able to get it open to the public.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:15 am

RaymondDurban wrote:Great video! I love stuff like this!! Hope they were able to get it open to the public.

http://kregelwindmillfactorymuseum.org

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:03 pm

I could spend some time there!

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Great video, here is a windmill I helped an uncle put up about 10 years ago.
img044.jpg
img045.jpg
img046.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:06 pm

I could get lost in a place like that. Thanks for sharing. :D :D

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Nebraska City isn’t too far off my beaten path when I go to Nebraska, I may have to take a field trip there and see if they will let me in.

RASS1cub,
That is a great looking windmill! It looks like need you to come visit my place in NE, I have a windmill tower I want to put up someday. A local farmer had it in the middle of a pasture that I pheasant hunted in for years; I always wandered by it to look at it. A few years ago when corn prices started jumping he was going to plow the pasture under, he said it had been pasture for over 40 years. I shot many pheasants in that field over the years. I asked him what he was going to do with it, he replied nothing. I offered to buy it and he sold it for estimated scrap prices. His son took it down with a bigger JD front end loader and moved it on a flatbed trailer to a field behind my place. The wheel was in bad shape so I have been keeping an eye out for one but so far no luck for what I consider a reasonable price. It was identified as a Dempster model 12A, it was their heavy duty long stroke mill with an 8 foot wheel. I think the tower is about 35 foot tall. It will just be for decoration, I have an old pump to put under it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:37 am

What a great place, amazing how it was left untouched for so long..

Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Caught an episode of "Postcards from Nebraska" about all the windmill manufacturing companies in NE. Maybe you can catch a rerun on RFD-TV.