Please Help Me Identify this Brinly Implement

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:49 pm

I would like to know what model this plow is, and if it is complete. I know it is a Brinly 1 bottom moldboard turning plow, but is there a model/name for it?? Is the plow complete? Would it attach to the top lift portion of the Cub Cadet tractor? Thanks so much for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Please Help Me Identify this Brinly Implement

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:59 pm

I don't think you will find a model number for it because I don't think it is something that Brinly built, at least not as it is now. The basic plow and frame does appear to be a Brinly sleeve hitch plow, minus the coulter, but I believe the hitch and the square tube cross bar are modifications made by a previous owner to adapt the plow to something it was not made for. The piece on the end of the plow frame appears to be the original sleeve hitch that has been turned 90 degrees and use to mount the pivoting mount/hitch. Not sure what the square tube cross bar is for, unless it was modified to bolt to a tractor drawbar and the tube used to lift the plow by a Cat 0, Cat 1, or Cat 2 hitch lift bars.. There is nothing like it in any of the Brinly-Hardy sale brochures I have.

No, in it's present state, it will not attach to any part of a Cub Cadet lift.

Re: Please Help Me Identify this Brinly Implement

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:03 pm

How is it supposed to attach to the Cub Cadet tractors with the Brinly hitch and the top lift. I have one of those tractors and am curious. I understand that you'll have to turn the sleeve hitch peice 90 degrees on the plow, but how else is it hooked up?? To me, it seems as if the peice of tubing on top could be left on there or removed if desired. Is there a model number/name for this plow? THANKS FOR THE HELP>

Re: Please Help Me Identify this Brinly Implement

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:47 am

I'm not sure what you calling a "Brinly Hitch". The Cub Cadet needs to have what IH called a 3 point hitch on it. That consist of upper casting that has a 1" diameter hole for a "pin" about 8" long in it, and is connected to the deck/implement lift arm of the tractor by a flat bar that runs inside the right frame rail. That 1" pin is 1 point of the IH 3 point hitch. There is also a "C" shaped bracket about 10"-11" long with 90 degree bends in each end (that make the C shape) bolted to the bottom of the of the transmission using the bottom 3 bolts of the rear cover. There are 3 vertical bolt holes in the 90 degree bends.
This bottom bracket with the holes in the bends make the othet 2 points of the 3 point IH hitch. You still with me?

To connect a plow or other sleeve hitch implement, you also need a Brinly-Hardy Sleeve Hitch adaptor (no longer made, but was model HH-150 Implement Hitch). This is "U" shapped, about 12" long and wide enough to fit on the outside of the "bends" of the bottom 3 point bracket. In the rear center of this "U" is a vertical "pipe" and flat stock bracket. This U adaptor bolts or pins to the bottom 3 point bracket. There are 2 flat stock (about 1-1/4" W x 12" or so long) bars/straps with several holes and or a slot that are used for adjustment, that pin to the flat stock bracket at the rear of the U, and the other end is connected or pinned to the 1" diameter pin that goes in the hole in the upper casting. With that all connected, moving the tractor lift arm will inturn raise or lower the U shapped Brinly adaptor.

The plow or implement then connects to the adaptor by sliding the sleeve hitch (the "C" shapped part on the front of your plow that needs to be cut off, turned 90 dedrees and rewelded) over the verticle pipe in the rear center of the U, and connected together with a hitch pin. There are two bolts on either side of the pipe that will tighten against the sleeve hitch to limit/prevent the implement was swinging side to side. The piece that is on the front of your plow that has 2 or 3 bolts in it and pivots in the rotated sleeve hitch is not part of the assembly and would not be used. The plow as it is shown does not have a Brinly model number as far as I can find. The basic sleeve hitch plow with coulter is model number PP-508, PP-510, or PP-512, depend on if it is an 8", 10", or 12" plow. Here are some pictures that may help, or you can go here; ... php?cat=18 ,scroll down to and click on the Brinly Plow or Sleeve hitch, when the page opens typr the word yellow in the box in the lower right, click the picture and it will open the manual in a PDF format .

Re: Please Help Me Identify this Brinly Implement

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:15 pm


Here is what I have, and what I am going by. Thanks for all of the information you have given me thus far. It has been a huge help.

Re: Please Help Me Identify this Brinly Implement

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54 pm

That is the IH 3 point hitch with a Brinly adapter on it (the white part). The rusty piece at the rear of the adapter is the stablizer plate that the two bolts tighten against to keep the implement from swinging side to side. The sleeve hitch on the implement ("C" shaped piece) fits/slides over the "pipe" (top and bottom) and the stablizer plate, and the "L" shaped pin that is in the pipe would connect the implement to the adapter.

Re: Please Help Me Identify this Brinly Implement

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Hey AL Farmall Boy...I believe your plow is a modified Brinly #8 plow. It looks like someone modified it to some sort of category "O" hitch set up. It looks to me that, by unbolting that square tube cross member...then unbolting the 3-holed "U" hitch that is vertical (instead of horizontal) AND correcting the 3-holed "U" hitch to be'll have yourself a Brinly plow that will fit your IH 3 point hitch. You don't have a coulter frame or disc, BUT it looks to me like you DO have the 5/8 inch "U" bolts that the coulter frame gets inserted into :wink: ...Just my observations from your photos...'Country'

Re: Please Help Me Identify this Brinly Implement

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Just got your reply Country. Thanks so MUCH! I might have to try and fix it the right way. I wonder if they modified it to use on a Farmall Cub Tractor?? I got it from the same estate as a I got a Farmall Cub with a bunch of implements. All the guy had was (3) Cubs. If you'll look at my classified post, you'll see the drawbar that was on one of the Cubs that has the Green Steel Plates Bolted to it on each side as if he had some kind of system rigged up. I also got some Green Cultivator feet and rods that match the paint on the brackets on the drawbar. Don't know what the guy did with all of that, but just an observation.