This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pictures in IRAQ

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Pictures in IRAQ

Postby beaconlight » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:57 am

Here are some pictures taken by a Staten Islander in Iraq. The will never make the mainstream media.

http://www.richmonddistrictnymasons.org ... la/&page=1

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:18 am

It takes generations to effect change in cultures. The smiles on those kids faces are the beginnings of change. If it weren't for people like these American Soldiers who are there making a difference, where would we be? All the guys and gals who have gone , who are there and who will go are true American Hero's.

All gave Some, Some gave All...

Makes you really think about the 4th of July.....Pray for Our Troups

Have a Safe and Blessed 4th of July
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:34 am

Thanks Bill, I echo what Ron just stated. Those of us at home woe much to the people serving around the world.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:28 am

:( My son was there for about a year and a half. Now that he's home the one sided news coverage really bothers him. He keeps saying the positive side is really being down played by the media. Even Fox with it's supposed balanced coverage isn't doing the job.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:02 pm

Brent:

And there was a question that they would :!: :shock: :? :roll: :oops: :roll:

Many of us Vets echo your son's concerns and views. It makes it difficult to have served and done good, then come home and have everything you have strived for on tasking minimized and marginalized by the mainstream media... :cry: :?

The one constant theme I have found in North American media - heck, media outlets period, have always been slanted to the negative side. For some reason, they think that negativity, doom and destruction and all of this fear mongering and hate propaganda will sell more than Good News :!:

It has been a constant, and if you look at the Presidential Job Approval polls, and the Should We be in Iraq polls, the skewed results are very plain to see.

Here in Canada we rarely see any and I mean any media coverage of our troops in action whether it be in Afghanistan, Irag (yes, we do have troops in Iraq - they are with US Units), on PeaceKeeping deployments or just training. We never see anything positive ever :!: :!: The only time we see anything really on the Military here is in the case of the HMCS Chicoutimi - the latest sub we bought from Britain -- piece of junk that it is..and it's sorry tale of woe as it attempted to cross the Atlantic.

This is one of the reasons why our military is so under-funded in most Veteran's eyes and of course the eyes of our Allies in NATO. It is because there is never anything positive said, and what little does get mentioned is usually hidden on page 157 :!: :shock: :lol: :lol: somewhere between the Garage Sale ads and the Grocery Store coupons.

It is a sorry state of affairs -- and this is what they call responsible journalism. The 5th Estate truly needs to have a look inward and re-evaluate it's whole raison d'etre -- cause they surely have no idea what they should be about :roll: :cry: :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:05 am

Rudi,

You hit the nail right on the head!
Always try the easiest thing first.

Return to “Off Topic”