Don McCombs wrote:OK, Raymond. Here's a follow-on question. How do you copy and paste a link on the iPad? Thanks.
I'm using Photobucket for the following example:
1) open up Safari, then using the split window at the top, have one page on the Cub Forum ready for a reply/new post, and the other page open to Photobucket
2) in Photobucket, select (open) the photo that you want to link to the Forum
3) while looking at the photo, there is a "Links" window off to the right side, one of the lines is "IMG code", touch that line
4) the curser will now be in that line, touch the line again but for a second longer, and a 'bubble' will appear with the options "Select---SelectAll---Paste"
5) touch "Select All" and another 'bubble' will appear, with the options "Cut---Copy---Paste---Replace", touch "Copy"
6) go back to your open page for the forum and touch inside the text area and your curser will appear, touch again and a "Paste" 'bubble' will appear
7) touch the "Paste" bubble and your copied "IMG" line will be pasted in the text box. No need for the "Img" button above the text box
You can go back and forth as many times as you need and "Copy" and "Paste" different "IMG" codes for multiple photos in the same post.
For links that you want to post, follow the same steps above, except you are copying the "http:///...." information from the address bar and pasting it into the text box.
For photos that appear on other sites that you do not have access to the "IMG" code line, simply touch the photo for a second and a 'bubble' will appear with the options "Save Image" and "Copy". If you select "Save Image", it will be copied to your Photos album on your iPad. If you select "Copy", you can then go back to your text box and touch inside the text area to bring up your curser, touch again and the "Paste" 'bubble' will appear, touch "Paste" and the "http://....jpg" code will appear. Now you can either highlight that line, then hit the "Img" button above the text box to wrap the line in the "Img" tags, or touch the "Img" button, then paste inside the ] [ to wrap the line in tags so the photo will appear in your post. Make sure the the "Copied" photo code has a .jpg or equivilant photo extension or it will not show up in your post.
I know this sounds like a lot, but its really no more steps than a PC. Instead of right or left clicks on a mouse, you are just using your finger on the screen. Let me know if the above makes no sence, and I'll figure something else out to try to make it a bit more helpful.