This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Anyone on here know how to post pictures here using an IPad?

How do I.... ?
Chris D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23027
Circle of Safety: Y

Anyone on here know how to post pictures here using an IPad?

Postby Chris D » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:08 pm

I know this technically doesn't belong here but this forum sees a lot of post so.... I use an iPad for computer and cannot for the life of me figure out how to post pictures here. Any help appreciated. :help:
48 cub with full cultivators
48 cub all original 6 volt, hand crank, muffler, front + rear wheel weights, and fast hitch and a 1000 loader :)
Left hand plow, right hand plow, disc, grader/snow blade, lots of cultivator stuff, woods 42, and a few others

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Re: Anyone on here know how to post pictures here using an I

Postby RaymondDurban » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:18 pm

I use an iPad exclusively for the forum, and it's a bit more difficult to post pics, but not impossible.
Here's what I had to do....
1) get a Photobucket account
2) get the Photobucket app (free)
3) get an app to resize pics to 640x480 (I use FX Photo Studio HD)
4) upload appropriately sized pics to Photobucket
5) copy and paste the "IMG" code from Photobucket into the text box for my post

That's all there is to it. One or two extra steps, but not too bad. Let me know if I can help if you have trouble.

Chris D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23027

Postby Chris D » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks Raymond, I will give that a shot tomorrow. Anybody else with experience feel free to chime in :D
48 cub with full cultivators
48 cub all original 6 volt, hand crank, muffler, front + rear wheel weights, and fast hitch and a 1000 loader :)
Left hand plow, right hand plow, disc, grader/snow blade, lots of cultivator stuff, woods 42, and a few others

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:02 pm

OK, Raymond. Here's a follow-on question. How do you copy and paste a link on the iPad? Thanks.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Don McCombs wrote:OK, Raymond. Here's a follow-on question. How do you copy and paste a link on the iPad? Thanks.

I'm using Photobucket for the following example:
1) open up Safari, then using the split window at the top, have one page on the Cub Forum ready for a reply/new post, and the other page open to Photobucket
2) in Photobucket, select (open) the photo that you want to link to the Forum
3) while looking at the photo, there is a "Links" window off to the right side, one of the lines is "IMG code", touch that line
4) the curser will now be in that line, touch the line again but for a second longer, and a 'bubble' will appear with the options "Select---SelectAll---Paste"
5) touch "Select All" and another 'bubble' will appear, with the options "Cut---Copy---Paste---Replace", touch "Copy"
6) go back to your open page for the forum and touch inside the text area and your curser will appear, touch again and a "Paste" 'bubble' will appear
7) touch the "Paste" bubble and your copied "IMG" line will be pasted in the text box. No need for the "Img" button above the text box
You can go back and forth as many times as you need and "Copy" and "Paste" different "IMG" codes for multiple photos in the same post.

For links that you want to post, follow the same steps above, except you are copying the "http:///...." information from the address bar and pasting it into the text box.

For photos that appear on other sites that you do not have access to the "IMG" code line, simply touch the photo for a second and a 'bubble' will appear with the options "Save Image" and "Copy". If you select "Save Image", it will be copied to your Photos album on your iPad. If you select "Copy", you can then go back to your text box and touch inside the text area to bring up your curser, touch again and the "Paste" 'bubble' will appear, touch "Paste" and the "http://....jpg" code will appear. Now you can either highlight that line, then hit the "Img" button above the text box to wrap the line in the "Img" tags, or touch the "Img" button, then paste inside the ] [ to wrap the line in tags so the photo will appear in your post. Make sure the the "Copied" photo code has a .jpg or equivilant photo extension or it will not show up in your post.

I know this sounds like a lot, but its really no more steps than a PC. Instead of right or left clicks on a mouse, you are just using your finger on the screen. Let me know if the above makes no sence, and I'll figure something else out to try to make it a bit more helpful.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”