This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pooh Happens

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Pooh Happens

Postby VinceD » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Hang in there buddy. Prayers up from the Ozarks.
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Good grief...when it rains, it pours. Thoughts and prayers from down this way...Godspeed.

Corky
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:47 am

We'll be thinking of you and your family Rudi, praying for a full recovery. :||):
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

OliverFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18822
eBay ID: ranger_jer

Postby OliverFarmall » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:26 am

Praying for a full,complete, and quick recovery.
Jeremy and Anna
22 sickle bar mower x2
23A tandem disc harrow
144 cultivator (#53 & #97 spring tooth)
154 leveling and grader blade
189 moldboard plow 2-way
193 moldboard plow x2

spring tooth harrows
David Bradley planter (modded for Cub)

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 am

Just saw this and was saddened to read it.

Follow the doctor's orders to the letter and keep your faith and trust in Christ. I'll pray for your restoration.

Keep us updated as to how you're doing.

Bright side: It wasn't as bad as it could've been. :)
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

rterry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rterry » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:48 am

Prayers lifted here in central ar. also

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:13 am

Wow, I'm starting to be fearful of checking in on the "Friends and Family" forum. Having said that, I now check it more often. You've been dealt a plateful of challenges lately, that's for sure. But you have your faith, your family, and your friends (including your forum friends) to help you through this. In that regard, you are blessed indeed, as some people have none of that.

Be strong, my friend. We are with you.

...Jeff
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Pabst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44333
Tractors Owned: Farmall cub 56-Spartacus
International cub 76
Cub L-F 194 Plow
Cub F38 Disk Harrow
Cub L-F1 Platform Carrier
Cub 54 Leveling Blade

Postby Pabst » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 am

Praying for a full & quick recovery, keep your chin up!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks folks for all the kind words, it is very much appreciated.

Had two appointments today, one was in the eye clinic where they did the dye test. Em said I looked very much like an orange after the test. The light was very bright and in my left eye it was blindingly bright however in my right eye I couldn't even tell that there was light at all. I guess hopefully in time there may be some improvement. Dr. Taylor is supposed to let me know asap.

They say that the Lord never gives us more than we can handle and I have always believed that...... at times I just wish it could be a little less intense :roll: :)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Thoughts and prayers from here for you and your family. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader

Postby Bezirk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Thoughts and prayers from Va., I wish the best for you and your family.
Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02 am

our thoughts and prayers for you Rudi.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:46 pm

They say things both good and bad come in sets of three's. Thats bad thing number 3, so you gotta get better from here on out. We won't have it any other way, ya hear? Don't make us come up there.... :!:
One for Sam.
One for Kris
One for Rudi.

There, hope that does it.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Pooh Happens - Update

Postby Rudi » Tue May 15, 2012 3:11 pm

I guess you all kinda noticed that I am still not posting a lot. Hard to see... even with the magnification. You can only magnify so much and then it becomes almost impossible to formulate a thought or even read a post, so it takes me a little longer than before.

Since my last post to this thread we have been doing what Dr. Taylor has advised. Drops and more drops ... black patch over my eye - kids come up to my wife in the market and ask "who the pirate is" or "hey mom why does that man have a black patch" .... :?: I had my first laser treatment in March - 120 shots and then had to wait 4 weeks. 29th of April had my second laser treatment - 500 shots -- yup, that smarts some :!: :shock: but nothing I can't handle. Last Tuesday had another appointment with her, couldn't figure it out cause I wasn't due yet for another laser treatment so I was kinda hoping for a basic checkup to see what/how the treatment program is progressing.

Well.... didn't quite work out that way. She started explaining to Em and I about a new drug that they have been experimenting with for opthalmologic treatments. Not really a new drug but a new application. Normally the drug is used for cancer treatments - part of the chemo regimen. Didn't bother me too much until she said normally it was delivered in very high doses and delivered intravenously. Mind you needles don't bother me much anymore, after 2 decades of being a pin cushion one gets used to sticks. However, then she threw in the curve ball.... in opthalmologic treatments the dose is about 1.5ml delivered via needle into the eye itself :big what:

Nope, not happy with that scenario at all.... but since I told her I would do whatever she asked of me, I had no choice but to proceed. Took about an hour to prep - freeze eyeball ... etc. Darn good thing I can't see squat out of that eye cause I don't think I would have liked to see that needle coming. I am not queezy or anything like that - heck I have fallen off of roofs, ladders, got my hands caught under engines and such, whacked my head with an auger truck -- so pain isn't something I am really unfamiliar with :lol: But man, that sucker hurt :!: Now I gotta give one of my fellow injectees some props .. I guess she was about 70 or so and this was her 6th treatment, so I really had to man up here and take it as it came.... but man that sucker hurt :!: Probably cause the pressure in my eye was 34 .. which is kinda high so they tell me.

Anyways... that was Tuesday. Friday comes along, Mess Dinner -- all spiffed up in my DMVA uniform complete with medals etc., Em and I went out for an evening of good food, friends and chit-chat. All went well I guess until the main course when my eye really started to get painful. The next two hours were not fun .. the pain just got worse. A beer, 2 glasses of wine and a full glass of port didn't take the edge off at all. We finally got home, started taking my drops hoping that would help -- took almost an hour to get the drops in --- burn like never before. About 10pm Em said that was enough, Sabrina and Duane were home for Mother's Day so Bri along with Em got me out to the van and off to the hospital. Em pushed me in a wheelchair, one of the nurses who knows us asked what was up, Em told her and about 5 minutes later I was in the eye room and the ER Doc (we have known him for 25 years) came in, took one look at me and asked me what Dilaudid did to me. Told him and he asked if I can tolerate Demerol. Yup.. next thing I know I am getting a shot. He let that work for a bit then said, now that we have addressed the pain let's have a look ...... He added 2 more drops to my list, sent me home with some Demerol in tablet form, and orders to contact Taylor on Monday. He couldn't understand how I was handling the pain -- my eye pressure was 35 this time and he knew that had to smart.

Anyways, yesterday was uneventful, had another CAT Scan with the radioactive dye to see whether or not I get a stent or roto-rooter. Will find out soon I guess.

Fun and games ... sure keeps life interesting.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Tue May 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Hang in there. You know squids can take the preasure.

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”