This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Just Completed a Restoration....

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
MoRedMan
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64119
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Re: Just Completed a Restoration....

Postby MoRedMan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 am

Bigschuss wrote:
moredman wrote:Nice Garand, and good job on the restoration! An acquaintance has a magnificent collection of Garands. He has every model and variation of every Garand ever made, with the exception of a type that IH built during WWII.
Fantastic rifles! Watch your thumb!

Thanks moredman. Appreciate the kind words.

The reason your friend is missing a WWII ear IHC Garand is because they don't exist. Only SA and Winchester made Garands during the war. IHC made them after the war.

I have yet to get a Garand thumb.....knock on wood.

That would explain that! Possibly he's not just concentrating on WWII. I know he mentioned the IH model, as he's looking for one. His display board at the MVCA show a few years ago was about 20 foot long. I'm mostly in the dark when it comes to Garands- but when it comes to k98k mausers, it's a bit different.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1984 JD 990
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:56 am

moredman wrote:
Bigschuss wrote:
moredman wrote:Nice Garand, and good job on the restoration! An acquaintance has a magnificent collection of Garands. He has every model and variation of every Garand ever made, with the exception of a type that IH built during WWII.
Fantastic rifles! Watch your thumb!

Thanks moredman. Appreciate the kind words.

The reason your friend is missing a WWII ear IHC Garand is because they don't exist. Only SA and Winchester made Garands during the war. IHC made them after the war.

I have yet to get a Garand thumb.....knock on wood.

That would explain that! Possibly he's not just concentrating on WWII. I know he mentioned the IH model, as he's looking for one. His display board at the MVCA show a few years ago was about 20 foot long. I'm mostly in the dark when it comes to Garands- but when it comes to k98k mausers, it's a bit different.

Oh yeah...I'm with you about K98's. I've owned 5 or 6 over the years, from pre-war Weimar era K98's to late war byf's. All matching and a few from literally out of the closets of local veterans who brought them back. Fun to shoot....but they do kick like a mule! I currently do not own one.

Do you collect German WWII firearms in general? Or just K98's?
I wish coke was still cola, and a joint was a bad place to be...
- Merle Haggard

MoRedMan
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64119
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby MoRedMan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Lugers and the like are too high dollar for me- I'll stick to k98's. I enjoy restoring sportered 98's, and have done a few- '38 S147, '42 ar, '38 S243, '43 byf. I'm currently scrounging parts to rebuild a '45 byf code. The hunt for the parts is the best part!

Crane Mt LoBoy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03229

Postby Crane Mt LoBoy » Thu May 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Those range pictures, is that the action pits at Harvard?

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1984 JD 990
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Fri May 11, 2012 7:46 am

Crane Mt LoBoy wrote:Those range pictures, is that the action pits at Harvard?

Nope..it's the Westfield Sportsman's Club. The same place where that 7 year old boy shot himself with the Uzi a few years ago. Haven't been there since that happened.
I wish coke was still cola, and a joint was a bad place to be...
- Merle Haggard

Return to “Projects Forum”