This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

First time

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

First time

Postby danovercash » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:00 am

Hauled alot of things in the back of a pickup, but yesterday was a first. Brought home about 1/2 cubic yard of ready mix concrete. Wednesday and Thursday I spend a couple of hours digging out around three pieces of concrete pipe to make ready for a footing and floor to build a catch basin down on the street corner. Free concrete is a good thing, but you have to be ready for it. Everything fell together yesterday. Put a lumber tarp and two thickness of polyethelene. in the back of the S-10. The truck put the concrete into an excavator bucket, then it was sifted into the
S-10. brought it home and backed just over the edge of the hole and shoveled it in. Now to build a box with used brick or block. After I get a grate on it, I won't have to worry about someone driving the Snapper off into a three foot deep hole 18" with pipe in it. Wish I had pix, btw set the pipe by hand years ago.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RUSSALL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19344

Re: First time

Postby RUSSALL » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:23 am

Kinda did the same thing at work a few years ago. We had a hurry up job that needed a pad poured. The boss was in
A rush and didn't want to pay a truck fee. He sent me to the ready mix plant in a little dump truck ( f-350 ).
You should have seen their faces when I asked for a yard to go. :shock:

Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Re: First time

Postby danovercash » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:49 am

When I worked for the school system years ago, they took a short ford pickup with a service body to the asphalt plant and picked up the minimun order to patct some potholes on the high school champus. We shoveled it out and packed it with a tamp.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Off Topic”