This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

193 plow depth adjuster

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
farmall guy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14837

193 plow depth adjuster

Postby farmall guy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:40 pm

To cheap to buy one so i figure i would try and build my own. Works great once u get it set where u want it.
IMG_0926[1].JPG
complete
IMG_0927[1].JPG
top link
IMG_0928[1].JPG
bottom link

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jimdawg
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02748

Re: 193 plow depth adjuster

Postby Jimdawg » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:58 pm

I've done something like that in a bind (ok...a couple of seasons), but the advantage of the depth lever is that you can adjust the depth of the plow while you move through the field. With an unadjustable link like what you have here, you'll have to plow the whole field to the depth of your most-difficult-to-plow area.

With that said, it is a solution to get the plow in the ground. Looks sharp!

farmall guy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14837

Postby farmall guy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:11 pm

I totally agree, like u said its just to get plows in the ground (back yard garden)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:37 pm

If you check the travel of your rockshaft You will find that it moves much further than is needed to allow the plow the depth it needs. I have never tried it, but I believe that travel may be enough that you could connect the top link to it and use the hydraulics to fine tune the depth.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Projects Forum”