This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

2 weeks into planting

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

2 weeks into planting

Postby SONNY » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Started planting a couple weeks or so ago and as of today have 21 big bunches of onion plants in, (that would be around 2,500 to 3,000 plants)
Dragged about 50# of left over tatoes from the basement and planted them on ridge till experiment area (may be bad year for ridges if it dont rain soon here)---planted 115# new seed tatoes on regular 1-pass till with the big tiller,---have 100# left to plant in one of the other gardens!
Tonight we planted 31 Triple-crop climbing maters just because they had outgrown the tray and wanted out!!---Too early but they may be ok, I jugged them so they have wind/frost protection and a little warmer than open ground and the vermin that roams at night!

Still have a lot to till up yet that I fall plowed!---ground very dry here---we get a few sprinkles now and then, so when it does decide to rain it will probably be a flood!
Sounds like you guys got the itch too! LOL!! ---Hey, this planting may be your best crop! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Tezell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 76 Cub Denim Springs
49 Cub Denim Springs
51 Cub Uncle Harvey
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Jackson" 76 Cub
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Alvin" 72 Cub
"Ugly" 75 Cub
76 Cub Val
Mr. Kirkland" 77 Red Cub
77 Cub "Russell
76 Cub w/fast hitch "Edgar"
76 - 185 Cub Lo Boy
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Kubota 7060
Kubota 5400
Kubota 2680
John Deere 445
TO20 Ferguson
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 2 weeks into planting

Postby Tezell » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:58 am

Sounds like you have plnating under control Sonny.

I planted my corn a few weeks ago and Thursday I planted 16 rows of peas,2 rows of okra,1 row on watermelons and cantaloupe and 1 row of cucumbers and squash. We are getting some rain down here(.90 on Friday-perfect timing).

We are probably 1 month ahead on stuff "greening up" here.

We have mosquitos as big as quarters already.
"I ain't believing this!"

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 2 weeks into planting

Postby Mr E » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:16 am

Tezell wrote:Sounds like you have plnating under control Sonny.

I planted my corn a few weeks ago and Thursday I planted 16 rows of peas,2 rows of okra,1 row on watermelons and cantaloupe and 1 row of cucumbers and squash. We are getting some rain down here(.90 on Friday-perfect timing).

We are probably 1 month ahead on stuff "greening up" here.

We have mosquitos as big as quarters already.

And them suckers are hongry, too. :{_}:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”