This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Daylight savings

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Daylight savings

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:33 pm

This was in our local farm paper:
I wuz reminded of what an Oklahoma Cherokee Indian friend of mine said one time when daylight savings time rolled around. "Leave it up to the government to cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it onto the bottom of the blanket, and say now you have a longer blanket," he said.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Re: Daylight savings

Postby Super A » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I have come to hate daylight savings time. I am now getting up in the mornings in the PITCH DARK. And it stays daylight so late, it's easily after 8PM before I finally have to come inside. I'd rather have that extra foot on the top of the blanket!!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI

Postby BIGHOSS » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:45 am

I seem to recall a few years ago when our "wonderful congress" started DST much earlier and ended much later, they justified the change by saying there would be a tremendous energy dollar savings. Reminds me when I was an industrial engineer, we would show a savings by making certain changes and then sometime later we would show a savings by moving it back virtually to it's original method.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:50 am

BIGHOSS wrote:I seem to recall a few years ago when our "wonderful congress" started DST much earlier and ended much later, they justified the change by saying there would be a tremendous energy dollar savings. Reminds me when I was an industrial engineer, we would show a savings by making certain changes and then sometime later we would show a savings by moving it back virtually to it's original method.

Yes, I forget what year but it starts earlier--maybe 2-3 weeks--and ends later now. IIRC it was something Bush (the second one) was pushing for.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm from the other camp. To me, if it's daylight when I get up in the morning, I've overslept. Since I have to work until 5 pm and Indiana is on the western edge of the eastern time zone, I can get an extra chore done to allow some play time.. If I didn't punch a clock, It wouldn't matter...
Regards,

Return to “Off Topic”