This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

never be afraid to ask a question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

never be afraid to ask a question

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 am

As you get older, different things come back to your memory you had forgotten about. Many years ago Spencer Yost started a website called ATIS.net. For a long time it was about the only antique tractor site on the web. It was mainly a single forum, and dealt with all kinds of tractors in the same forum. I would answer or ask questions on occasion about Farmall H or Cub, but some of the people on the site did not like the fact there were a lot of questions beginning to be asked about cubs, they thought only tractors they had an interest in should be discussed there (yes, the ones doing most of the complaining had green tractors). One day I asked if there was a separate site just for cubs on the net since they were so popular. There were 2 or 3 replies stating that would be a good idea, and a couple weeks later Spencer redid the site making separate forum for the different brands, but also included one just for cubs. The cub site really took off, and the rest is pretty much history. this site, which is one of the best on the web came about, plus there are a couple more sites with sections just for cubs that seem to be fairly good. That probably would have all happened eventually without my asking that question, but I feel I encouraged it sooner by asking.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Re: never be afraid to ask a question

Postby Bob Perry » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:29 am

That's right John, and what you don't see is how much you've been able to help others, while at the same time getting information for yourself.

I remember so clearly, when we had a problem on the farm, we'd get in the truck and drive to some other farm who had the same equipment to see if we could learn from them. Sure was not very efficient. One could argue that it was more social to visit someone in person, rather than on the computer. But it sure was not a very efficient way of getting info. And this forum has proven how our contacts over the internet can lead to real friends and real experiences.

Wasn't too long ago that I said that I didn't know anybody beyond Mass. and Rhode Island- Wow that sure has changed.
REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

panda
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49910
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby panda » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 am

John:
This sight is a gift to those of us would be mechanics bent on fixing up our used and abused tractors. Thank you for speaking up and to everyone who is willing to share the priceless info found here I say, Thank You. :{_}: :{_}:

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:10 pm

So that begs the question, "Are there any other sites out there that are active that have sections dedicated to our little tractors, that may have any information that could be useful to us?"

I tried to search, found one site that has been "rebuilding" since a crash in 2004 or 2009 with very little activity since 2009. Several of our moderators are members there, but there is no activity.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Dale, the site I think you are referring to is one that employed "web scrapping" techniques and even copied members ID's to populate their site. Not cool, to say the least.

Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Postby Bob Perry » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:30 pm

As you can see, I only joined this forum in 2009. Would be interesting if somebody (hint, hint!) wrote a little history of how it started, who were the originators, and the story of how this forum evolved into what it is now.
REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:27 pm

bobperry wrote:As you can see, I only joined this forum in 2009. Would be interesting if somebody (hint, hint!) wrote a little history of how it started, who were the originators, and the story of how this forum evolved into what it is now.

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24243

This may fill in a few gaps.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:As you get older, different things come back to your memory you had forgotten about. Many years ago Spencer Yost started a website called ATIS.net. For a long time it was about the only antique tractor site on the web. It was mainly a single forum, and dealt with all kinds of tractors in the same forum. I would answer or ask questions on occasion about Farmall H or Cub, but some of the people on the site did not like the fact there were a lot of questions beginning to be asked about cubs, they thought only tractors they had an interest in should be discussed there (yes, the ones doing most of the complaining had green tractors). One day I asked if there was a separate site just for cubs on the net since they were so popular. There were 2 or 3 replies stating that would be a good idea, and a couple weeks later Spencer redid the site making separate forum for the different brands, but also included one just for cubs. The cub site really took off, and the rest is pretty much history. this site, which is one of the best on the web came about, plus there are a couple more sites with sections just for cubs that seem to be fairly good. That probably would have all happened eventually without my asking that question, but I feel I encouraged it sooner by asking.

I found ATIS around 1995. By that time there were enough computers and labs to go around that all students at NCSU had email accounts so I actually started using the interent then. The only other old tractor website I remember from those days was Yesterdays Tractors. Back then it wasn't much more than a parts vendor site.

I still have my *.?-!.* hat that John sent me, and I remember that discussion where someone asked if there were any discussions about anything but *.?-!.* Cubs!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 am

I don't remeber just when I found ATIS, probably around '95. At the time, it existed only as a mailing list server. The ATIS site says "since 1993" so it was around for a while before I got there. I think there were fewer than 50 members. It was a big deal when it reched 100! I no longer remember when YT was started either, but I remember it was announced on ATIS. Their site says "Copyright © 1997-2012 " and 1997 sounds about right.

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:27 am

I found this site in early 2002 after I saw on the ATIS site that this one was running. Shortly after at time Spencer shut down the ATIS Cub site after he had a a cyber attack on the ATIS site. I get to see Spencer every year at the Portland Indiana Tristate show. ATIS is still up and running there are a lot of engine guys on it. matter of fact Sencer brings his large engine in every year and they have their own area at the show. Any they make some good Ice Cream every evening.
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Return to “Farmall Cub”