This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I need mower pix!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I need mower pix!

Postby Barnyard » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:16 am

Jim Becker wrote:Are you just doing rotaries or you also interested in other types?

Jim, at first I thought I would just do the rotaries since most everybody knows what a sickle mower or flail mower looks like, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to show them too.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Clint Carter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27265
Tractors Owned: Ford 2000
78 Cub Fast Hitch Red
78 Cub Red
76 Cub Red
75 Cub (Not Long Stripe) Yellow
70 Cub Yellow Fast Hitch
53 Cub 151 Disk Plow
69 Cub

Postby Clint Carter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Saw you were looking for mower pics and thought i would send you the ones i have. Hope they help.
Attachments
c2 4.jpg
c2 3.jpg
c2 2.jpg
c2 1.jpg
Have A Nice Day!

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Postby leerenovations » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:Now here is a Cub mower that is what I BELIEVE TO BE a "Bush Hog Brand" mower.

SAM_0569.jpg

This mower came with a Cub I bought at Auction back in the summer. It was like you see it, and I'm not sure what it is. It is similar to the one above, but I would like to confirm what it is. Maybe you or someone on here will be able to identify it.

IMAG1127.jpg

IMAG1128.jpg

As always, just let me know if you require any other special pictures of anything.

This is a BushHog model 412. I have one on my Cub. It uses a single blade like a regular lawn mower. (But the blade is really thicker and a lot more heavy duty). I have used this to mow down small trees and saplings and it works great. The good thing is that the skids are adjustable so you can also put it low so you can mow the yard with it. I adjusted the skids up to the max and easily mowed down bluestem that was over 6 ft tall in a long unused pasture. Hope this helps.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073

Postby bythepond88 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Here are pics of a Woods 59 belly mower for the Lo-boy.

Picture of mounting brackets

Picture of the deck with the lifting bracket. There should be a guard over the center pulley, but it wasn't there on the deck I bought, and they must have changed the design, because the one I got with the bracket kit doesn't mount the same way. Hopefully, I will find the time to figure it out some day.

Picture of the mounted mower from the right front

Picture of the mounted mower from the rear (along with my one-off drawbar). There is a guard for the pto pulley and mule drive, but I left it off for the pic.

Picture from the rear looking to the right, to show how the brackets mount to the drawbar brackets
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:06 pm

I had one that had to have reversed blade set and it was called JERALCO , fit cubs ,and made by PUZEY BROS. in SE IL, ---they made the famous power corn rakes to help dig ear corn out of cribs!----sorry no pix ( it got stolen too!)
It did look just like the woods 42 single blade jobber! thanks ; sonny

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:55 pm

ImageImageImageImageA rather beat up Kub Klipper. Front probably pushed in from cutting 3 inch brush. The rear skirt has been removed for easier cutting of tall grass. Vern

rohrski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 26541
Tractors Owned: 49 cub
96 John Deere 955

Postby rohrski » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 am

Here ya go, woods 59 on a 49 farmall cub.
Attachments
cub mower 3.jpg
cub mower 2.jpg
cub mower 1.jpg
Last edited by rohrski on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cub owner for the last 20 years, such a well engineered piece of equipment.
49 cub
96 JD 955
56 Belair

jamieei
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30641
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub
144 cultivators, 42" woods belly mower, duplex planters and sidedresser
1949 M
Two row mounted cultivators, side dressers, 3 pt, lambert double disk brakes
1946 A
cultivators, B motor

Postby jamieei » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:36 pm

I have a red woods 42" that I think is a 42c3 or c4 based on the skids and the manuals... It's currently mounted in the back of my F150 so I'll get a picture of it today and post.

jamieei
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30641
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub
144 cultivators, 42" woods belly mower, duplex planters and sidedresser
1949 M
Two row mounted cultivators, side dressers, 3 pt, lambert double disk brakes
1946 A
cultivators, B motor

Postby jamieei » Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 am

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Thu May 10, 2012 11:17 am

While on my CubExpress trip to Alabama, I stopped at that place in Resaca, GA, that had been written about in a previous post. WOW! Does that guy (Robert Collins) have a few tractors!!! I will start a new post for those, but here are a couple mowers he had that looked a bit different to me:
(I am not identifying these because I haven't a clue!!)

I am curious about the first one, especially!
Last edited by Dale Finch on Thu May 10, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu May 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks everyone for posting pix. I will probably not get the ID page built until I have time later in the year.

I only need one photo of each type since this is going to be used for members to identify what mower they have. Therefore six different photos of the same mower is not needed. I only say this because the more pix we throw out there of the same type will only confuse a newby looking for an ID.

Speaking of ID, that is why this thread was started, to help others ID their mowers. If you post a pic, please include a description of what it is. Other wise a newby will look at a photo and still have no idea what they are looking at.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Thu May 10, 2012 1:27 pm

BDFinch wrote:I am curious about the first one, especially!

The first one just looks like an owner modified Woods 42. The second one also appears to be only slightly modified. It is an IH C-2 as shown by the ID tags.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Sat May 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Barnyard wrote:Thanks everyone for posting pix. I will probably not get the ID page built until I have time later in the year.

I only need one photo of each type since this is going to be used for members to identify what mower they have. Therefore six different photos of the same mower is not needed. I only say this because the more pix we throw out there of the same type will only confuse a newby looking for an ID.

Speaking of ID, that is why this thread was started, to help others ID their mowers. If you post a pic, please include a description of what it is. Other wise a newby will look at a photo and still have no idea what they are looking at.

There are two types of photos that are most helpful. One, like Denny's, that shows a complete mower set-up with all the correct brackets and pulleys. Very valuable to anyone shopping for a mower. Nothing worse than coming home with a mower only to find out that missing bracket is rarer than a NOS cub horn in the original box. :roll: Next would be a nice photo with the mower attached on the tractor. All well-lit and in focus. Belt routing is good too. It is always good to have too many to choose from and cull out the ones that don't tell the complete story.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 pm

bob in CT wrote:
Barnyard wrote:Thanks everyone for posting pix. I will probably not get the ID page built until I have time later in the year.

There are two types of photos that are most helpful. One, like Denny's, that shows a complete mower set-up with all the correct brackets and pulleys. Very valuable to anyone shopping for a mower. Nothing worse than coming home with a mower only to find out that missing bracket is rarer than a NOS cub horn in the original box. :roll: Next would be a nice photo with the mower attached on the tractor. All well-lit and in focus. Belt routing is good too. It is always good to have too many to choose from and cull out the ones that don't tell the complete story.

You said it better than I. That is what I was aiming for. Thanks.

Circle of Safety

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77355
eBay ID: czechiii
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub SN 54XXX (Captain Crunch)
47 Farmall A (Patches)

Postby CPIII » Tue May 29, 2012 2:30 pm

When I get my Continental Belton via Cub Express I will be sure to post a picture for you. I agree that this will be very helpful as it took me a long time to identify my mower type.

CPIII
Charles Patek III
Some days - Chicken.......Some days - Feathers
Words to live by....

Return to “Farmall Cub”