This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Head gaskets.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Head gaskets.

Postby BigBill » Tue May 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Just about every used cub cadet needs a head gasket. The first thing i do when i purchase a cub cadet is change the head gasket, flush the carb and gas tank, clean and gap the points and ckeck the spark. If you look closely at the head where it meets the block near the exhaust valve in the front area you will see a black color (carbon) and some maybe wet with oil too. This tells us right off the head gasket is leaking. By this time its not a retorque since pieces of the head gasket can be missing. At this time you can decarbonize the combustion chamber and the valves too.

I believe that Kohler recommends decarbonizing the engine once a year(I think).
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ljones
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42020

Re: Head gaskets.

Postby ljones » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:58 am

The manual says every 500 hours.
Running a 1962 Cub Cadet Original, 1966 Cub Cadet 122, 1981 Case 444, 1983 Case 222, 1969 John Deere 110, 1948 John Deere G, and a 1951 John Deere B.

Return to “Cub Cadet”