This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

``Watch Out for China Tubes....!``

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ida Red
10+ Years
10+ Years

``Watch Out for China Tubes....!``

Postby Ida Red » Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 pm

On my Model #25 David Brown I repalced a rear 11.2x28 tube with a new `China Tube from the local tire guy. I drove the tractor about 3.5 miles home from my friends shop.It has sat in my lane since Feb. 1st and not been driven.This tire went slack and upon trying to blow it up I noticed air escaping around the stem. My tire guy found a split along a seam in the new tube. He replaced it with a new Radial tube free of charge and Ì paid for the tire change.
`` Don`t use Tubes made in China.``
IHC made a quality machine and was leader of the pack.Let's keep them running,

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: ``Watch Out for China Tubes....!``

Postby Gary Dotson » Wed May 16, 2012 5:45 am

I've had problems with tubes I've gotten from TSC (imported from somewhere), they are really thin. Now when I need a tube for anything, I stop by the local tire shop and they sell me Firestone tubes for about the same price. They're about twice as thick as the cheap ones. They're probably imported as well, but much better quality.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed May 16, 2012 7:01 am

I told my tire guy when I put tires on my tractor hauling trailer that I would prefer the tires not be made in China. His reply was "They all are."

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Wed May 16, 2012 7:31 am

Carlise or some spelling close to that makes some in Sri Lanka. I will not go into my opinion of them. Vern

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 am

I have heard similar things on other websites, but there is something we should always keep in mind. The manufacturers in china will make whatever you want, whether it is a top quality product or the absolute cheapest piece of junk possible. It is up to the seller in the U.S. as to which they want to pay for. I have a handicap scooter which was made in China, as well as practically all of the other Scooter companies. Mine is very sturdy, and the way it is made should last for years. It cost half what a Pride the same specifications does and is much better built. Remember, the problem most of the time is not China, but the company selling in the US. It is called greed.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Wed May 16, 2012 9:55 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I have heard similar things on other websites, but there is something we should always keep in mind. The manufacturers in china will make whatever you want, whether it is a top quality product or the absolute cheapest piece of junk possible. It is up to the seller in the U.S. as to which they want to pay for. I have a handicap scooter which was made in China, as well as practically all of the other Scooter companies. Mine is very sturdy, and the way it is made should last for years. It cost half what a Pride the same specifications does and is much better built. Remember, the problem most of the time is not China, but the company selling in the US. It is called greed.

A"greed", I have several items "made in China" which are good durable products and I have junk from China.
If items are built to decent specifications, it doesn't matter who built them, besides, China is in a manufacturing boom, so they can deal with their own pollution and problems :roll:

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Wed May 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Good luck finding any tube made in the USA anymore. Look real close at your Firestones...
I'm pretty sure that we don't make a trailer type tire anymore. Firestone, Goodyear tractor tires, they can come from about anywhere... :roll:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”