This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pooh Happens

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Pooh Happens

Postby redfin » Tue May 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Rudi , when it rains it pours as they say. The nice part of that is there is always a sunny day beghind all of the rain. My best of wishes for you and Em .

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Postby Bob Perry » Wed May 16, 2012 9:18 am

Read your story with compassion and concern, you are a strong man, best wishes from down here in Massachusetts.
REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Wed May 16, 2012 10:08 am

Rudi,
All you have gone through, still maintaining a positive outlook, is inspiration to us all. All of your Cub family is hoping and praying for a good outcome for you and your family. Our best wishes to you and yours.
Bill & Lynda

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Wed May 16, 2012 10:59 am

Wow, I did not expect to read that. Best of luck on the long road back. You have the positive attitude and that is so important.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Wed May 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Praying for you down south, things will work out
boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub

Postby randallc » Thu May 17, 2012 6:20 am

Rudi, my goodness man, surely there are special blessings headed your way. You are in my prayers.
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

Rianna
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36748

Postby Rianna » Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Mr. Rudi... I am so sorry to hear that you're going through all of this. You and your family are in my prayers!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue May 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks all for your affirmations of support, you have no idea what that means to me. You all have always been there for us every since 04 and we consider ourselves very blessed :!:

A little update... got called in Thursday to see Dr. Taylor and she tested the pressure - 35 .. not good. Changed the drops to see if that would make any change and added one of the old glaucoma pills to the regimen. On Friday she called and had me scheduled for a recheck this morning at 8am. So.. off we go for a pressure test - we get to the hospital and first thing they do is write up them little yellow wrist bands as if you are going to have day surgery or some kind of treatment. That was the first clue. Got to see her, she checked my eye pressure and it was 32. Not enough change so the old regimen was reverted to and the pills kept as well. Last Thursday she explained to us a procedure that they do for glaucoma - it is described as cutting a trap door in the eye. That is done in Halifax apparently and the surgeon is very well respected. It is an option she said.

Anyways, since I was there and since she has decided that I need the trap door procedure -- she elected to do the laser surgery this morning. 310 shots. Dang that smarts :( The letter went out to the surgeon this morning and we expect to hear either tomorrow or Thursday when I am going but apparently it is next week. 2 days in Halifax. Not sure if I am looking forward to this or not. Having my lenses/cataract surgery - I never felt a thing - a rather uneventful experience except for the outcome which is simply amazing -- I am the $6000.00 Bionic Man - I have multi-focal progressive lenses built in now and they work some sharp. Well at least the left one still does .. :lol: The laser smarts and that needle in the eye schtick really hurts a lot. Not for long but really intense so I am kinda leary about the trap door.

Anyhoosie, hope your week is off to a better start :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue May 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Rudi,

Prayer has been lifted up, my friend.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

john nussbaum
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44270
Tractors Owned: 54 farmall 400 60 oliver 770 two 49 cubs, 52 ford 8n

Postby john nussbaum » Tue May 22, 2012 8:46 pm

rudi, you are in our prayers. God bless.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Been contemplating when/how I should update this thread...or if I even should. The last few weeks have been pretty difficult, so I guess it is time if I am going to. It always helps to talk about it and with folks I can call friends. Most especially when those whom I can call friends have always been there with prayers and support.

Got a call Monday June 4th for an appointment scheduled for the following Wednesday afternoon June 6th. Em and I left early Wed morning for the almost 3 hour drive to Halifax. Em driving because well I am still not used to the depth perception loss and driving is still a little bit difficult. We get to the hospital and meet the Doc. Go in for the exam and evaluation. Then the bad news comes. He looks at my eye and says the pressure is 50 and needs to be reduced. He asked how I was handling the vision problems, I told him not well. So I asked what the prognosis was in regards to getting my vision back and he said - "not likely so best to get used to it, that eye is done" which set me back on my heinie real quick. Pretty cold and clinical. Not much of a bedside manner with this guy. Good doc.. just lousy sense of humour :lol: Vicky, my doc here in town says 10% chance of recovering my sight, this guy says, less than 5% and more like 100% that I will never regain the vision in my right eye. Not what we want to hear at all, very disheartening to say the least.

So, then he says... "do we do the trap door or do we do deep laser? " ... and he explains that the trap door is more invasive and prone to infection whereas the deep laser does the same thing but with less risk. So we talk about it and decide to go with the deep laser because it is less invasive and supposedly less painful. He stuck a needle in the lower lid to start freezing and I could feel it all move right to the back of the eye. Didn't hurt too much, more pressure than anything else. Next up was the deep laser. Didn't feel a thing. He said it went well and that I should be a lot more comfortable. We had to stay overnight in Halifax as he wanted to see me first thing in the morning.

So, Em and I went found a hotel then we went to Applebee's for dinner. This is the first Apllebee's that we have been too .. not available here in the Moncton area yet but it opened up in Halifax as it is a slightly larger city :roll: Dinner was good ... then the freezing started wearing off. Darn good thing Em brought the Demerol with her cause the Extra Strength Tylenol the doc said I should take for the minor discomfort I was going to feel just didn't cut it. You can tell that this doc never had deep laser surgery cause he doesn't have a clue as to how much that sucker hurts.... omg .... I would almost rather stick my hand in a vise and close it :!: After a not so good night sleep, we saw him in the morning, he cleared me to travel and off home we went. Let me say that the following weekend was not exactly the happiest one I have had for a number of years. Demerol was my buddy all weekend :(

Monday June 11th, dawned a new day .. and as they say a new week brings lots of hope and a little less pain. Pretty nice day, got to do a few things that have been hanging around. Cut some grass, had a nice dinner then sat down to watch some tube. Around 1930 I noticed my lips were numb, mentioned it to Em and she asked if I wanted to go to Emerg. Nope, no reason I thought. About an hour later, Em was talking to Samantha (she is still in Hospital – 6-1/2 months now), I went to look in the mirror cause my lips felt numb and so did my face. Took one look and got the scare of my life – my whole right side of my face was drooping. I got to Em, pointed, she told Sam bye real quick and hussled me off to the Hospital real fast. Took about 15 minutes to get to Hospital, was kind of a weird feeling, face going numb off and on. Got to Emerg, lots of folks there, waited about 10 minutes and then the nurse noticed Em frantically pointing and said she thought I had just had a stroke and possibly having another one, so the nurse got me into triage next. Started the in-routine and about 2 minutes later – well it hit the fan. I felt the right side of my face go again, I could talk but no one could understand me. The nurse grabbed my chart told Em to push and follow as she trotted to Acute. Apparently I had another stroke right there. The duty ER Doc happened to be right there and a few nurses helped out.

The next couple hours I kinda remember and kinda don’t. All I know it was a very scary time for both of us. About midnight the Doc postulated that I probably had a couple TIA’s which are loosely, little strokes that do not kill off brain cells or have long term debilitating effects. There isn’t too much that can be done as I am already on the proper medication, just need to get the Vascular surgeon’s opinion as we know that the left carotid artery is a little stopped up. I have had a lot of appointments over the last two weeks and it has kept me kind of busy thankfully cause I have had a pretty difficult time accepting this. We will continue to do what we have to do and as the docs here tell me to do, but realistically there isn’t a whole heck of a lot of hope. I am just glad I guess that I am still breathing and looking at the grass from the right side up.

Thanks for listening, needed to vent a bit. As they say .. pooh happens.

If there is one really positive thing that could come from this would be more awareness of the early signs of stroke or TIA's.

Signs of Stroke

Sudden...

• Weakness
  • Trouble Speaking
  • Vision Problems
  • Headache
  • Dizziness

If any of you or your loved ones experience any of these symptoms get to a hospital Emergency Room as fast as you can. Stroke and TIA's are medical emergencies and must be treated immediately.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Postby Bob Perry » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:40 am

Rudi you're a strong man. Many would have given up a long time ago. You keep fighting back, and you have a good attitude. I hope that these "curve balls" that keep being thrown your way, stop. To write the post above, shows that there has not been an effect on your brain and your ability to think and put your thoughts together in writing. Sounds like your eye is better? Have they considered removing the plaque from arteries in your neck that evidently is causing a restriction of blood flow? No matter what, you have the right attitude to get you through this. Keep the posts and updates coming.
Last edited by Bob Perry on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 am

Rudi,
You are a strong man, as Bob stated. Stay strong, pal. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:08 am

I will continue to lift you up in prayer, Rudi. You are fortunate to have Em by your side.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Rudi, you're tougher than bull hide! Been through enough to kill off a city slicker! Prayers continue from here. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”