This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Went to the range today

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737
Circle of Safety: Y

Went to the range today

Postby redfin » Sat May 26, 2012 4:14 pm

We went to the indoor range today for a little practice and a little comeptition mixed in. Have to love a climate controlled shoot. There is always a picture or two taken and always one shot that stands proud above the rest. This time it has to be the free Advertising I seem to have done for Boss Hog . I sure wish it had helped my score tho... :D :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Re: Went to the range today

Postby Yogie » Sat May 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Sounds like the little gal set your tail on fire again didn't she Jimmy. :lol:
It's been a hot one here today and hotter tomorrow so I know it's got to be really bad down that way. Nice to have a place to get away and enjoy some shooting, even if you did loose. :wink: :lol:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby redfin » Sat May 26, 2012 9:43 pm

That about sums it up Yogie. The high spot of the day was knowing I helped teach the young lady to do such a fine job at it , both accurately and safely. :D :D

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat May 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Good looking shirt :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1984 JD 990
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Sun May 27, 2012 4:34 am

Nice!

Is that by chance a Walther PPS?

Blair
I wish coke was still cola, and a joint was a bad place to be...
- Merle Haggard

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sun May 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Bigschuss wrote:Nice!

Blair

I'll take a guess and say Tarus Millenium Pro 9mm, looks real close to the Slim 709 I just picked up. :{_}:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby redfin » Sun May 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Yogie wrote:

Blair

I'll take a guess and say Tarus Millenium Pro 9mm, looks real close to the Slim 709 I just picked up. :{_}:

Yogie knows his Taurus... :D

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Mon May 28, 2012 4:36 pm

redfin wrote:
Yogie wrote:

Blair

Yogie knows his Taurus... :D

I would have got a little closer Jimmy but all your hair kept getting in the way. :lol:
Ben Franklin

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Glad you had a good time. We also did a little shooting this weekend - Cowboy Action shooting. We shot ten stages with 25 rounds per stage. Annie won first place in her catagory and had one miss for the two days. I shot a clean match. We had a great time with some great Pards. It was called "Smokin' Guns on Rabbit Ridge" in Byhalia, MS. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

sgtbull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62854
Tractors Owned: '36 JD B,
'40 and '46 Farmall H,
'50 Ford 8n '55 Farmall Cub,
'55 JD 70 allfuel,
lots of other toys

Postby sgtbull » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Just a suggestion.. looking at the pic, I see you're crossing your left thumb on top of your right. Its just a little thing, but we teach officers to "stack the thumbs".. left thumb parallel and below the right (for a right handed shooter of course).
The advantage is that it puts a small amount more of the left hand in contact with the grips. Putting your left thumb on top of the right lifts the "pad" at the base of your thumb away from the grip. For single shooting, not such a big deal.. but for quick, successive shots, (like when you're double tapping the bad guy in your living room) it will give you more control of the weapon, AND, since we play like we practice, its best to always shoot that way. (muscle memory).
Just my two cents.
I've never met a tractor I didn't like....but I have found some that were greatly annoying....

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby redfin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:12 pm

sgtbull wrote:Just a suggestion.. looking at the pic, I see you're crossing your left thumb on top of your right. Its just a little thing, but we teach officers to "stack the thumbs".. left thumb parallel and below the right (for a right handed shooter of course).
The advantage is that it puts a small amount more of the left hand in contact with the grips. Putting your left thumb on top of the right lifts the "pad" at the base of your thumb away from the grip. For single shooting, not such a big deal.. but for quick, successive shots, (like when you're double tapping the bad guy in your living room) it will give you more control of the weapon, AND, since we play like we practice, its best to always shoot that way. (muscle memory).
Just my two cents.

Thanks for the tip Kelley , point is well taken. :lol: We will play like we practrice , my high school coaches drilled that one into us daily. :D :D

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Wasn't too long ago people turned their noses up at Taurus. But these days, lots of folks are shooting Taurus, and they're darned good! Last fall I bought a used PT1911 45ACP, and I love it. Very accurate, lots of quality upgrades, and solid as a rock.

Also, listen good to sgtbull---my son says the same thing about that left thumb...especially after his mom laid the top of her thumb open to the bone with the slide on his Glock!--Ouch!!

Jim, brang that fine pea-shooter with you for StoneThrow, and we'll give it a workout over here at Pond Creek!

Corky :jeep:
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 am

I'm with ya, Corky. Several years back I picked up a used Taurus PT99, 9 mm, stainless (a Beretta knockoff). It had a set of wraparound grips and fit my hand perfectly. Fell in love with it the first time I picked it up. No regrets.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:32 am

I'm sprting a Taurus too. I picked up a 6" Judge this year for carrying in the woods. But I wish they would have made it a .410 only with smooth bore with a choke. If I want to shoot bullets I'll carry a semi. I think the rifling spins the wad and at 30' the pattern is almost 8' wide. I am wanting to get a reloader I think one 000 ot buck with a 4 and 6 shot mix on top of it would be a great critter defense round for the woods.

I really need to get out to the pit and shoot more.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Postby Virginia Mike » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 am

cowboy wrote: But I wish they would have made it a .410 only with smooth bore with a choke. If I want to shoot bullets I'll carry a semi. I think the rifling spins the wad and at 30' the pattern is almost 8' wide.

Billy

If it had a smooth bore it would be illegle under the 1934 firearms act.
The only .410 pistol that works is the T/C Contender. It's barrel is rifled, but has a choke with straight lands to stop the wads spinning. I get a 12" pattern at 20 yards with 71/2 shot. Very nice for squirrel hunting.
Best,
Mike
Tractors are made to work!
"A Cub will do as much as a team of horses,.. More in hot weather!" - C. W. Spradlin 1909-1994

Return to “Off Topic”