Super C Cultivators?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:59 am

Hello All,

I have a 100 and I was looking through my deceased grandfather's barn for parts, etc. He used to have a Super C and I'm pretty sure these cultivators went to that tractor. The front mounts look made to fit a C, but I am not familiar with the long attachments. Has anyone seen cultivators like this before?

Thanks,
Jarrod
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Super C Cultivators?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:40 pm

I hope someone can identify this and it's useage. It appears to me to be a middlebuster mounted to the rear gang of the cultivator. A C would also have a front gang of cultivators which I did not see. Vern

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Yes, the mounting frames are for a C/Super C/200. The ground working pieces you have are for a mounted lister type planter. I suppose they belong to the same tractor although ones built for various models look very similar. They would attach to the mounting frames you have pictured.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:01 pm

That's it Jim...it's a planter. I see it now after some further research on the internet. Thanks for the responses! :D Helped me a lot.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:23 pm

In case someone else needs this info in the future, I found the following old brochure picture and caption. My grandfather's Super C was used in the blackland prairies of Texas so it makes sense.

"C-277 blackland planter equipped with single-seed cotton hopper and fertilizer unit."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Rear wheels all the way out huh!!!! Kevin 8) 8) 8) 8)