This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plug wire

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Plug wire

Postby beaconlight » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:02 pm

While cleaning out my fathers house I found the remenents of a 50 foot spool of 7 mm Packard Bell spark plug wire I bought for my 1936 Ford in the early 50's I am sure it will leak and I don't intend to use it but it brought back memories. My brother Bob and I owned that car as partners. Bob was a year and a half younger than I but it sure kept us together cause if you and your brother had a fight, it meant you walked when it was his turn.
My 1946 Grammer school Graduation picture showed up too. You graduated in the 8th grade then. None of this middle or intermediate school business. Many of the kids in the picture graduated high school with me too. My high school class is having a 55th reunion. I'll bring the picture and see what comments that evokes.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:35 pm

Bill,

I have been having some of those memories myself. My 87 year old grandma decided that she was getting to the point that she needed to sell her house and move into a retirement complex apartment.

My what things she has collected over the years !!!!! she is an antique nut and things I never knew she had, we found, not only did she remember where she got em, but also what she paid for them, most items she has written on the bottom of things on what she paid for them and even at her age she remembered right.

One thing that I am keeping is a set of old oil bottles, These bottles are embossed with "Quaker State" and are probably from the teens or 20's. Oil came in the bottles and usually came in a steel wire rack or case with 12 bottles. I have 10 perfect bottle with the wire case. I was already offered 70 bucks a pice for them, but I told the party that I wasn't interested in selling any of them.

As far as the wire goes, don't write it off just yet. I have some spark plug wire bulk that says, "Wirely Joe" and that stuff is so hard and brittle that I have to be real careful un rolling it, and when I do it it unrolled I placed it in my solvent tank and it softens it back up and I replaced all the plug wires on my 26 Chevy using this old stuff and it works just great.

You just never know what people saves and does it ever bring back some memories.

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:55 pm

Oh that brought back memories. I have my school photo, Baker #8, from 1950. All 7 of us from 1st thru 6th grade. It was a country school taught by my aunt.

We lived on a 1/2 mile mud road and the school bus didn't travel mud roads. The part that I still don't understand to this day is that to get to school I had to walk past another farm family to get to the country school. They lived on a gravel road and were picked up by the school bus and taken to town.

I'll bet I can get a lawyer to file a discrimination case against the school district on my behalf. I'm sure that I suffer psychological damage from the injustice.

My aunt is still alive. At the family reunions she tells stories about me getting side tracted on my way to school. School started at 8:00 AM and I usually arrived between 9 AM and noon.

Eugene

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:18 pm

Within arm's reach is a picture of my high school graduating class... all 134 of us. It was a much smaller class than my Pop's class from the same school in '26 that was around 200. All three of my sons also graduated from the same school in classes around 500. The great depression had a large effect on the birth rate. That must be why we are so valuable! :shock:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Off Topic”