Should I go back out?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

Re: Should I go back out?

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:...Supposed to stay above 100 till the weekend.
John....which weekend ?? :roll: :lol:
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill
Winfield Dave
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby v w » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:34 am

bobperry wrote:That's awful........................................(edit)

I say, when you get your shop walled off, an AC and ceiling fans to give you a cool place to work.

Woodshop is freestanding and purpose built. I can get the cub in when I want to work on it but that generally is a time for heat! I'm walking circles there for my morning stroll. TV says yesterday's high 101 but is not the record at 102 set in 1911. Vern
v w
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety Award

Postby poppy-1948 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:28 am

My parents didn't believe in fans and we slept upstairs in an old farm house hoping for a little cross breeze through the two main bedrooms.

I have a clear memory of visiting a house with mom back in the '50's where they had a 360 deg. fan in the middle of the living room. It was the coolest thing in more ways than one. :applause:
poppy-1948
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 45693
Tractors Owned: 1930 Farmall Regular
1948 F Cub
1950 Farmall H
1956 International 350U
1982 John Deere 750

Postby Former Member » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:35 am

I remember the old "attic fans". Open all the windows and it lift the curtains and most anything not nailed down.LOL
Former Member
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Into Tractors » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Sorry Bill, but you're getting wimpy. :lol: Lost our power on Friday from the recent storms and didn’t get it back until Sunday evening.

Spent Sat-Sun cleaning up the front yard and such after losing 2 large trees, then the next storm came thru and took out 2 more trees on Sunday evening. Spent Monday evening dragging those 2 trees out into the field behind the barn to deal with later as time & temps permit. Lost 5 large oaks that they estimate at 120yrs plus up at the farm near Columbus, those will have to wait until I find the time. And the temps & humidity were high here especially with no power & A/C/

Spent way too many months in the desert during the 1st Gulf Storm action, humidity & temps were off the chart. Spent a year is S. Korea and survived the various storms & monsoons there, had to carry a spare uniform to work as the 1st one would start to bleed thru and turn white due to the sweat.
Mike Duncan
Into Tractors
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 45387

Postby dirtyred » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:51 pm

well we got a new ac unit and dang me if they power aint went out 2 times since july the fourth we got use to the cool then a storm and four hours of trying to sleep while sweating like all get out. then a tree falls on the line last nite and four more hours of misery (we live an hour away from the emc headquarters) i really dont know how yall older ones survived (or realy were conceived for that matter) it being so hot. :)
He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: Proverbs 12:11
dirtyred
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 31648
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub (tinkerbell) 1949 allis chalmers(ole bess) 1949-50 ?john deere model a

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:32 am

We were not used to having AC so we did not know the difference. BUT I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE NOW.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers
Mike in Louisiana
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety Award

Previous

Return to Off Topic