This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tired but not out yet...

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Tired but not out yet...

Postby BigBill » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm back.....I have a chance to get a cub cadet 129 and a cubcadet 123. One turns over but they never ran it and the other blew a rod. Sounds like possibly a 4 x 4 future project but i'd have to dig deep for the tru power tires. (8). I'm on the fence right now. Bill
Last edited by BigBill on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Tired but not out yet...

Postby BigBill » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:40 pm

I gottt themmmm already. Sorry to say the 123 just needs a headgasket and it came with a new set of rear tru power AG ties, a set of rear wheel weights and a 44" mower deck. The crank seems to free wheel but i hear the piston going up and down. I'm also sorry to say the 129 turns over and has compression but needs a hood & grille plus driveshaft work. These two machines aren't dead ion the water yet. I stepped in it again. Are these two worth it?

Looks like i'm back to my roots again?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bob in CT » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Sounds good Bill. Looks like you are going to be busy. :)

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm a new man since the lightening bolt missed me by 25' or so two weeks ago. Now its wide open throttle. Bill

I think the 123 may have a stuck valve since the front rim went south when they parked it. It just sat in the barm. The 129 needs a driveshaft. I'm not sure wether to run them or build a 4x4 or fix and sell them yet. I never had a hydro yet? Bill

Return to “Cub Cadet”