This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gas cans

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Gas cans

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:36 pm

More about Blitz.
"As of July 25th Blitz U.S.A. is no longer able to offer product support
in the form of replacement parts, replacement products, or refund offers.
We will be closing our sole facility on July 31st. Manufacture and
shipping of all product has now ceased in anticipation of this closure.

All claims for eligible warranty refund must be submitted through the
Blitz U.S.A. bankruptcy proceedings. A special hotline has been
established expressly for this purpose at (877) 606-7519. Consumers may
also visit http://www.kccllc.net/blitz for further information. This same process
shall apply to any liability claims that may be received.

Blitz U.S.A. product information including safety messaging and product
use instructions will continue to be available at http://www.blitzusa.com until
September 30th, 2013."

Thank you,

Nate
Consumer Service
Blitz USA
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Jimdawg wrote:Meet Jill, the No Spill spokesperson:

Gas can? What gas can? 8)
Thomas

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:37 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:.............
Just discovered this pump on Amazon. I think I will try it the next time I order one.
http://www.amazon.com/TERAPUMP-TRHD03-O ... s=gas+pump

Had to see what the improved version that John had found was. I saw him use the first one mentioned the other day and was impressed with the speed it pumped at. I figured they would be just a dribble. Once I clicked on the link I was intrigued by the buzzer. The best part was in the description. Bold and underlined added by me after I finished laughing uncontrollably;

Auto-Stop System with Buzzer: Full automatic sensing pump. Auto stop before overflowing by sensor
Original Liquid Transfer Pump! Don't be fooled by lesser quality Made in China imitation pumps.
Number of Pieces: 1 , Power: 2 D batteries Main Material: P.P, P.E, Acetal , Made in Korea

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:02 am

:D :D

I was in Wal-mart the other day and they had the gas cans with with the old style spouts. I bought two of them. I've spilled more gas and diesel with the new ones than I think I've put in the tanks.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 am

My most recent post about Blitz is their response to my inquiry about whether any of their other spouts will fit onto the cans originally equipped with the "Enviro-Flo" assembly. The one I have soon became balky about moving the automatic locking lever from "Store" to "Pour" and one assumes that it will break soon. My question concerned whether the "Hand-E Flo" spout would fit my can.
If my question is answered, the answer will have to come from other quarters and finding one of the spouts is now more of a problem.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 am

I have put the Blitz spout on several of my older small gas cans. It will fit most of them. I do have a tendency to use my pliers to remove the little store/pour lever on the Blitz spouts. It does create a problem wen filling real small cans in having to pull it again and again when trickling the gas in.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

LeeC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22150
Tractors Owned: 2 1962 LoBoys
1 1964 LoBoy
1 1965 LoBoy
1 1966 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby LeeC » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 am

Circle of Safety

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:28 am

Thank you for that link. I do need a couple of those spouts. The price is steep. The listing calls them "rubber", but it is more likely that they are molded from a plastisol, a form of vinyl.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 pm

From past experience, those Eagle spouts will only work on Eagle metal cans, so be sure before you order.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:52 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:From past experience, those Eagle spouts will only work on Eagle metal cans, so be sure before you order.

Agreed. I think that I have three of those cans needing spouts. Those spouts vibrate if the can is in the truck and they then break off right at the metal cap. Use something else for the cans that are kept in the truck. Keeping them out of sunlight is also a good idea.

Probably some government agency will soon order that those spouts cannot be sold since the cans do not meet latest specifications. Which article of the Constitution covers gas cans?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Article I, Section 8, Clause 3

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:38 pm

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

(OK Jim, you had to know somebody would look it up and check to see you weren't making it up!)

So If I buy a gas can made in MO (or Bus Driver buys one made in NC) and not by an Indian Tribe; congress shouldn't be involved, right?. :D :lol:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Scrivet wrote:So If I buy a gas can made in MO (or Bus Driver buys one made in NC) and not by an Indian Tribe; congress shouldn't be involved, right?. :D :lol:

If you could find somebody that makes cans in MO with no plans to sell them in any other state, they might be willing to ignore congress. However, I probably did quote the wrong clause. The cans are probably regulated by the EPA under the Clean Air Act. I think that act is covered by clause 1 (general welfare) of the same article/section
"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:26 pm

So a cheapo filler neck costs half what a 'No Spill' brand container costs. Not a bargain any way you look at it. Also consider that older materials don't play well with ethanol, so be careful.

I can tell you that the odds of me not getting ALL the fuel in a mower tank is pretty high and I do pay attention, it just seems to happen. That is never a problem with the No Spill one. The best part is that it is the easiest and most convenient fuel container I have ever used. No spilled fuel, no poking around for that pesky little disc (that helps keep water vapors out of your ethanol), no crazy buttons to press while you pull the lever. It's ingenious and it works.

If I want to get frustrated, I can try to get 5 gallons of biodiesel in my truck with that dang yeller CARB 5 gallon container without getting any on the paint.... it doesn't happen....EVER.

Even 'jerry' cans are required to CARB/EPA compliant these days. One advantage of those rules is it limits evaporation and also keeps moist air out.

http://www.nospill.com/Why-NO-SPILL-.html
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Mr Ziffel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20106
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub with 193 plow, snow plow. Woods 59 mower. unknown disk, John Deere spring-tooth harrow, 2009 New Holland T1510, Massey Ferguson Mod 25 Disc (I think)

Postby Mr Ziffel » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:55 am

Its my understanding that if you live in Virginia, outside the limits of what is considered Northern Va . You can still sell and use the old style cans and spouts legally if you can find them. I still have my old ones laying around. I imagine that the bureaucrats that wrote these regulations never had to lift a can full of fuel and place it into a piece of machinery .

Return to “Off Topic”