This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gaylott Scoop......FOUND IT

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Gaylott Scoop......FOUND IT

Postby v w » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:54 pm

A year and a half ago I posted that I had found the mounting instructions for this scoop in my late fathers stuff and asked for more information about it. I thought I could barely remember it but it was not with the cub stuff and I thought maybe it had been sold. Recently we were at the restaurant with my sister and brother-in-law and I mentioned it. My brother-in-law said "I've got it". Seems he borrowed it 35 or so years ago. Since I have dad's cub stuff I considered it to be mine and I picked it up yesterday.

It needs a little repair but not in bad condition for having been left outside. I can't find any color but rust. Does anyone know the correct color? I am leaning to IH red. I have been told this can be mounted to face rearward as well as forward. Has anyone mounted it rearward? I would like to do this and then use it as a tote. It is not going to be for sale but does anyone have any idea of value? Thanks Vern

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Re: Gaylott Scoop......FOUND IT

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Very nice!!

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:14 pm

I bought a perfect "clone" 4 years ago in good shape for $350, the cost of the materials. The previous owner also welded railroad spikes to the front of mine for teeth.

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Dale Shaw wrote:I bought a perfect "clone" 4 years ago in good shape for $350, the cost of the materials. The previous owner also welded railroad spikes to the front of mine for teeth.

Inflation strikes. I have the original bill of sale dated 5/21/57 for $85.00 Vern

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 pm

v w wrote:
Dale Shaw wrote:I bought a perfect "clone" 4 years ago in good shape for $350, the cost of the materials. The previous owner also welded railroad spikes to the front of mine for teeth.

Inflation strikes. I have the original bill of sale dated 5/21/57 for $85.00 Vern

LOL, I will give you a cool $100 for it. LOL. Nah, 1 is enough for anyone. You better keep it
:big afro:

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:05 pm

I don't see how it could be mounted facing the rear. If it can I'd sure like to know! I gave 200 for mine(from a dealer). Yours looks to be in better condition. They are not easy to find
Thomas

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:56 am

That one does not mount rear facing, but Gaylott did make one that does, however they are rare, I have only seen a picture of one once. It could be converted but would take some cutting and welding.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”