This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Model A Ford needed for a movie

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John C
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30152
Tractors Owned: 1948, 1949, 1953, 1961 Cubs
1941 Minneapolis Moline
1939 John Deere H
1986 IMT 539
Multiple Ford 8Ns that aren't any good

Model A Ford needed for a movie

Postby John C » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 pm

My brother in law makes documentaries. He is making one now about an astronaut. One of the scenes will be in a garage with an old Model A inside (not a fancy restored version). Since my BIL lives in England, he doesn't know where to find a car for shooting the scene, so he asked me where he could find one. I didn't know either, so I'm asking on the forum.

Here's his comments:
"Basically, for one scene in the film we need to film a Model A Ford in a garage / workshop. (It was a first car)

Will need to double check the precise model variant, but it ideally wants to be in a state of restoration or not perfect rather than museum condition. It kinda wants to look like it's been on a farm for ten years!

I figured there may be some vintage Ford owners club or something that might have a database of cars / owners around the USA? If so, I'm looking to track one down that we could hire to light and shoot for a couple of hours in any of the places we plan to be filming:

Houston
Austin
Cape Kennedy
Pensacola
Washington DC
Tucson
Phoenix
San Diego

Any thoughts suggestions welcome!"

So, does anyone know of a car that would be available in one of the cities listed above? Or know of a group that would have the connections?

John
"If every day were a holiday, sport would soon become chore"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Model A Ford needed for a movie

Postby Kodiak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:07 pm

John,
Check out Mike's in Maysville. He restores only model A's He has a large place very close to Maysville. I don't know him but it might be worth a shot. Mike's Model "A" 's should be in the phone book or maybe on line.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Model A Ford needed for a movie

Postby Pony Master » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:19 pm

My uncle has a 29 closed cab pickup. It is definately not finished with it's restoration. The mechanicals are done, but the body is a mix of the best parts we have been able to locate.
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

Return to “Off Topic”