This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My place is being watched!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

My place is being watched!

Postby Barnyard » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Last night I worked out in the shop until almost midnight (I’m starting to get used to this not having to get up early everyday stuff). I had turned out all the lights except for a couple when I heard a car coming up the road. When it got near the fire house I heard it slow to a crawl. Hmmm…what’s up? So I step out into the shadows and see the car go slowly past the shop to the stop sign. The car sat there for a bit, even though there was no traffic, so I figure somebody may be watching my place.

Because of the dark and not being able to see out of my left eye very good, I couldn’t get a good look at the car. I watched for a little longer and the car finally pulled out into the intersection and into the lot of the vacant store on the corner. The car turned around to face the shop and the driver turned out his headlights leaving his parking lights on. I still couldn’t make out anything about the car so I stayed out of sight for a couple of minutes or so. I finally decided to let them know I was there by turning off the rest of the shop lights and closing the door.

As soon as I stepped into the driveway the motion sensor kicked on the security spotlights and lit me up. The dogs always stay close by when I am in the shop late and they walked up to me so I reached down to give them each a pat on the head. As I walked toward the house I heard the car start and his lights came on. As the car pulled out I could make out the distinct markings on the side showing it was a Park Ranger.

I reckon he was making his rounds through the park land that surrounds the barnyard and noticed activity in the dim light and figured he would check it out. I feel safer knowing these guys are paying attention to what goes on.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub

Re: My place is being watched!

Postby randallc » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:45 am

Barnyard, always looking for good results. Retirement = free! Good that those folks look out for you. I'd say cup of coffee time next time you see one of those guys. Have a great day -- what ever time you get up!
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:42 am

I don’t know being in Ohio, that many Cubs…. and that close to Bigdog… he might be getting back to his bad habits as an undercover Park Ranger. Back in the day that would have been him!!!!

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:56 am

You'd be surprised at who all is keeping an eye on you, Bill. :wink:
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:You'd be surprised at who all is keeping an eye on you, Bill. :wink:

Are you saying my signature line has been correct all this time? :shock:
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:43 pm

I have noticed in the last couple years the sheriff deputies seem to ride through here a little more often. Being we're so far out in the stix,I am kind of glad to see it.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:06 pm

The problem is that when I see a deputy car setting out here i figure they are keeping an eye out for me, not for prowlers. :evil:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:57 pm

In the rear of my two acres my wood pile fell and i was restacking it at 2pm. I have no clue how the local police making his rounds seen me. He went by and came back and stopped and looked at me. I waved that i was ok and off he went. Its good to know there watching us.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 am

They were just watching for one of those late night cub deliverys.....................
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Return to “Off Topic”