This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gas Cap

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Gas Cap

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:08 pm

I use the newer style cap on all of my Farmalls...those for show and those for work. They have gotten so commanplace in our circle that when I don't see one, the tractor looks odd to me.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WLM Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37801
eBay ID: bill6883
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub, 52 Cub, 57 Cub,71 MTD, Unico, Another 71 MTD Unico, 93 Craftsman, GT 6000, 97 Yard Machines and more.

Postby WLM Cub » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:14 pm

I got mine within a week, asked for two and got four. Go figure, I can't .. Bill wlm cub

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401

Postby (CUB HUT) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 pm

filed out the on line form Saturday 10-06 and received cap today 10-10 --now the lo-boy will be safe
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77355
eBay ID: czechiii
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub SN 54XXX (Captain Crunch)
47 Farmall A (Patches)

Postby CPIII » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:39 am

It takes a bit but you get used to the larger gas cap after a while........better safe than sorry... :D
Charles Patek III
Some days - Chicken.......Some days - Feathers
Words to live by....

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:36 am

I have found them to be very quick with sending them out. Somehow Navistar got stuck with it.

You can paint it to match

Or leave it black....
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Goraidh (Jeff)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04236
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub "Jessie"
'64 Cub "Alex"

Postby Goraidh (Jeff) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:01 am

I've received two caps for my two Cubs without incident.
'49 Cub (#77786) "Jessie"
"64 Farmall Cub (#224657) "Alex"
Woods 42C-6
C-3 mower
Cub 54 Blade
193 Moldboard plow
Cub L-38 disc harrow
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cordwood Saw

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:10 am

The whole gas cap deal actually goes back to around 1980. I remember Dad getting them from the dealer for the M, 560, and 756.

Navistar is the last remaining piece of the original International Harvester, which is why they got stuck with being responsible for the gas cap settlement. It was part of the agreement when Tenneco bought the farm equipment business from them back in 1985.

In the past, it could take a few months to get your cap because the factory produced them in batches a few times a year. Once the free cap supply ran out they had to wait for the next batch to be produced. Lately I think the demand has fallen off so the supply is more stable.

Another possible reason you haven't received a cap yet is because someone already redeemed a cap for your tractor's model and serial number. I've never seen them enforce that, but it would make sense. Otherwise they would just have to keep supplying cap after cap after cap forever.

I had heard that they were going to discontinue the program a few years ago, but it is still running.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:27 pm

sammydonnacub wrote:Has anyone ever actually received a New cap from this application? I applied in June, 2012 and have heard nothing.. It's OK either way because I don't actually think they OWE me one but it is worth a try I guess.
Besides I purchased a Gas Tank from Boss and One Magically appeared............
Thanks guys for All the Help from this Forum and it's members...Some Good People Here.
Sammy
sammydonnacub wrote:Has anyone ever actually received a New cap from this application? I applied in June, 2012 and have heard nothing.. It's OK either way because I don't actually think they OWE me one but it is worth a try I guess.
Besides I purchased a Gas Tank from Boss and One Magically appeared............
Thanks guys for All the Help from this Forum and it's members...Some Good People Here.
Sammy

I have applied for one for each of three different tractors using the ihgascap.com website and received them within one or two weeks. I am curious about what method was used for these two. There is a link to a mail in form on the manual server but for as long as this program has been going on I wonder if they still take mail ins and/or if it is the correct address. Never know, over the years they could have moved and changed mailing addresses. Or somewhere on the web may be a link to a defunct address, long forgotten, that keeps stacking up the requests that nobody checks anymore.

sammydonnacub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23970
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub with full cultivators

2014 New Holland Workmaster 35 with loader, bush hog, rotary tiller and skid steer attachments

Postby sammydonnacub » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 pm

As I mentioned in an earlier Reply, I sent in a request for a new cap in june 2012 but never heard anything. I resubmitted it on Tuesday of this week and got it today.. Good deal..
Sammy
Sammy and Donna
"Never Give UP!"
49 Farmall Cub
193 Plow
half Disc
Field Cultivator and
Full Cultivator Set

zim
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47390
Tractors Owned: 1950 McCormick W-9
1945 Farmall M
1947 Farmall H
1956 International 300 Utility
1948 Farmall Cub
1963 International Scout 80

Postby zim » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Here's an original order form I got when I was in FFA back in the 80's. We used several of these forms in the years before the Internet. I remember copying serial numbers from all of our's and Grandpa's tractors. My only denied request was the one for the Farmall 1066 diesel. ;-)

zim

1950 McCormick W-9, 1945 Farmall M, 1947 Farmall H, 1948 Cub, 1956 International 300 Utility, 1963 Scout 80

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:02 pm

sammydonnacub wrote:As I mentioned in an earlier Reply, I sent in a request for a new cap in june 2012 but never heard anything. I resubmitted it on Tuesday of this week and got it today.. Good deal..
Sammy

As I mentioned in an earlier post
Scrivet wrote: ......I am curious about what method was used for these two.........

You sent in a request for a new cap in June. Was it sent in by US Mail (what address?)? To a website (which one?)? Tied to a rock and thrown through the window of your nearest dealer?

If there's a specific method, address, or website that didn't work you can help others by letting them know here and the rest of us will know not to use that method or recommend it to anyone. So do you remember anything you did different this time that you didn't do in June?

I take it that at least the resubmit was to a website since you received your gas cap in only two days which has to be a record!

sammydonnacub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23970
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub with full cultivators

2014 New Holland Workmaster 35 with loader, bush hog, rotary tiller and skid steer attachments

Postby sammydonnacub » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 am

OK,
I DO need to let the group know what I did to get the new gas Cap. We Bought the tractor in May of 2012. I sent in for the replacement cap in June of 2012 from the website http://ihgascap.com/ mentioned on the Forum here. I never received or heard anything so I was reading about people receiving the new cap and there was a reply that if I had applied and didn't receive one to Apply again. So on Oct 9 of 2012 I applied AGAIN to the same site, http://ihgascap.com/ and received the new Cap on Oct 11, 2012. Only 2 days and it came UPS. I was pleasantly surprised.
I would suggest (as was suggested to me and Worked) If you applied and didn't get a new cap, reapply OR Call the number on the site. It didn't work the first time but worked really fast the second time. I can't explain Why for either but i have my new cap and am happy with it. Thanks to IH...And to the Guys on the Forum. Yes, I will run it full time for 2 reasons, I like it and I Like it.
Sammy
Again, This is the site I used both times. Second time a Charmer??????? Who knows but I admire them for keeping it going....

http://ihgascap.com/
Sammy and Donna
"Never Give UP!"
49 Farmall Cub
193 Plow
half Disc
Field Cultivator and
Full Cultivator Set

Return to “Farmall Cub”