This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wouldn't keep running

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bobsbaits
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17019
Tractors Owned: '65 International Cub

Wouldn't keep running

Postby bobsbaits » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:41 pm

I have a 65 cub that starts great but after running for a couple minutes it just stops. From this point forward it will start after sitting for 3-4 minutes, but then it will die again. I checked some of the things mentioned in an early post: vent in fuel cap, pulled carb plug and gas keeps flowing, opened gas valve all the way opened, but nothing seems to make a difference. I should mentioned that before this happened (previous usage) the engine would sort of rev ever minute or so, if other words the tractor would sort of vroom, vroom, vroom, vroom,VROOM and then repeat but it did keep running.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Wouldn't keep running

Postby Barnyard » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Did you clean the metering jet? You also say you have fuel flow, but is is a good steady stream or a somewhat weak stream. If it doesn't flow full force it will starve for fuel and shut down. Once the bowl refills it will restart and repeat the cycle.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

TJG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TJG » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:59 pm

I recently had what Barnyard described. It ended up being a large flake of rust obstructing the gas tank outlet. I had to back-feed air from the compressor into the gas tank and that solved the problem.

Todd

bobsbaits
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17019
Tractors Owned: '65 International Cub

Postby bobsbaits » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 pm

I completely tore the carb apart and cleaned everything out. Nothing is clog and everything seems to be working fine. The gas flow seems steady to me and I even left it run for a couple minutes and it kept flowing. As barnyard said, it runs, shuts off and the bowl fills right back up and it starts again only to shut right off.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 pm

bobsbaits wrote:it runs, shuts off and the bowl fills right back up and it starts again only to shut right off.

You must not have a good heavy flow. The flow should keep up with the carb.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”