This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

MOUNTED MY SCOOP

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

MOUNTED MY SCOOP

Postby v w » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 am

After rescuing dads gaylot scoop from my brother-in-laws outback I took it to my uncle for repair. It needed some welding. It was then wire brushed and painted. It mounted easy enough. Maybe I should belly mount the blade and make it look like a small road grader for parades.
Vern

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: MOUNTED MY SCOOP

Postby tmays » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:43 am

Looks good! I really like mine. A moderator will probably move this to the Cub section. It will get more views there. Now are you going to put dirt in the purty thing? :D
Thomas

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:40 am

Looking good Vern. I used to have one, and kind of wish I had not sold it, but that is water under the bridge now. If you intend to actually use it rather than just take to shows I recommend front wheel weights. With a very big load of dirt in it, the front gets pretty light. I tried using mine with the handlift, which did not work out too well, even with the helper spring tightened down all the way. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Tezell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 76 Cub Denim Springs
49 Cub Denim Springs
51 Cub Uncle Harvey
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Jackson" 76 Cub
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Alvin" 72 Cub
"Ugly" 75 Cub
76 Cub Val
Mr. Kirkland" 77 Red Cub
77 Cub "Russell
76 Cub w/fast hitch "Edgar"
76 - 185 Cub Lo Boy
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Kubota 7060
Kubota 5400
Kubota 2680
John Deere 445
TO20 Ferguson

Postby Tezell » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:47 am

Nice.
"I ain't believing this!"

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:56 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote: I tried using mine with the handlift, which did not work out too well, even with the helper spring tightened down all the way. :lol:

That was one of my plans for the lift I got from you Mr John. I planned on mounting blade in combination with the scoop and using hand lift for the scoop. You're right, it doesn't work out too well. :lol: I'll still use it on my rear cultivators though. :D
Thomas

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 am

tmays wrote:............................ Now are you going to put dirt in the purty thing? :D

NO. I really don't have much use for it but was something that belonged to my dad and should have been with his cub stuff. It was quite rusty and required half a can of blaster and a few well placed prys to loosen it up. I painted it to preserve it. I believe in keeping some of the old equipment in operating condition.
tmays wrote:
..................................... I planned on mounting blade in combination with the scoop and using hand lift for the scoop. You're right, it doesn't work out too well. .................................. :D

I hadn't thought of that combo. Might be able to lift snow. I'm assuming it was the weight that was the problem. Vern

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:34 am

Vern:

Nicely done :applause: Glad you were able to get the scoop from your brother-in-law. I totally understand the rationale used and agree with it. I have Em's great granddad's Frost and Wood mower -- never gonna use it, but I am going to restore it simply because it is the right thing to do.

And yeah, I think you should belly mount the blade. Use the hydraulics for the scoop and the hand lift for the blade. Then the weight won't be so much of an issue. Mounting front wheel weights is a must I would think :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 pm

v w wrote:.......I'm assuming it was the weight that was the problem. Vern
You are correct. Half full of dirt was ok, but when it was really full I had to hook my right arm around the steering post to raise it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”