This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Setting up fast hitch helper spring? Need pic

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Setting up fast hitch helper spring? Need pic

Postby Super A » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Hoping to get the helper spring mounted on my Super A, been using the Fast Hitch for several months and it works great but the disk harrow is pretty heavy for it. Anyway, I know where the bracket bolts to the side of the torque tube, but where does the little arm, about 4" long with the tab on the end, need to end up? IIRC from looking at 140's and the like it makes contact where the transmission bolts to the torque tube, but the exact "spot" doesn't seem obvious.

If someone could take a pic or two and post of their helper spring setup, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks,
Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Re: Setting up fast hitch helper spring? Need pic

Postby spaceghost » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 am

That arm with the tab on it pushes into the end of the transmission where the transmission meets the toque tube. There is a hole on the end of the transmission that the tab pushes into. I will try to take a picture tonight but I miss placed my camera cable and I need to find it.
Bacon makes everything better.
1959 LO-Boy 1950 Super A

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”