This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hey Boss you must have got them all

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rexxon
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21853
Circle of Safety: Y

Hey Boss you must have got them all

Postby rexxon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:07 pm

My family and myself just returned from a short trip thru Western Virginia and came back through Appomatox, visited Stonewall Jackson's home and Natural Bridge. Went to the McCormick homestead near Steele's Tavern Virginia I believe it was left to Virginia University by the McCormick Family, Very interesting as they seems to have left or put back in place the way it was circa 1840 (except for the research farm buidings). Well I covered a lot of miles and only saw two International tractors, a 230 near Farmville Virginia and a 5088 that was broken down in the field near Amherst. Boss you must have gotten everything in Virginia :D. If anyone is ever in the area of Appomatox and are into the Civil War the museum near the battlefield is super nice.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader

Re: Hey Boss you must have got them all

Postby Bezirk » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:09 pm

You were travelling near my home . We are about 45 miles North and slightly West of The Natural Bridge. Here in my area between Staunton and Harrisonburg there are a lot of Farmall tractors, but not a lot of Cubs. There was a very good IH dealership in Harrisonburg, J.O Stickley and sons.
I don't know why there are so few Cubs, I guess the farms were a little larger than some other areas and also we do not have the tobacco or truck farms. This area has a lot of dairy, grain and poultry farms.
Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

rexxon
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21853

Postby rexxon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Beautiful area, they must have had all the farmalls indoors undercover, I went by Beverage Tractor and then another Good size Deere dealership but not a Farmall too be seen maybe you boys love them so much you take better care of them than folks do around here.
What are land prices bringing in your area???
I was thinking(wishing) about relocating in the area I love the area around Lexington, But as I was leaving Buena Vista heading east on Route 60 the valley in the pass was breathtaking, was it Forks of Buffalo????
Also one last question at the Deere dealership I saw Deere combines with something that looked like corn headers but they had rotating drums also on the header???
Thanks Rex Simpkins

RogerW
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 50662

Postby RogerW » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Those drums were probably for picking up downed corn. There are several different attacments for that.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:31 pm

rexxon wrote:. . . something that looked like corn headers but they had rotating drums also on the header???

Cotton pickers?

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Beautiful area indeed, Lexington's my favorite town and I usually stop by every time I drive to Bosses place.
I've spent so much time there I could probably give tours, wish I had known you were traveling through I'd picked a couple other places in town for you to see. Lee's Chapel and the VMI are both in walking distance of Stonewalls home, in fact he walked it everyday when he taught there. The cannons he used for teaching back in the late 1850's are still lined up out front. They also have a very nice museum across from the VMI, there's another under the Lee Chapel across from his family tomb.
You done got me cranked up.... :lol:
Here's a quick shot part way down the mountain over looking Buena Vista and Lexington beyond.
Pictures just can't show the beauty of that part of the country.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:27 pm

I have not got them all but I have gotten my share :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Farmall Cub”