This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sumthin ain't right

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Sumthin ain't right

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Helping Scrivet haul the stuff he bought at auction, and as we headed out last week with one set of loads. Here is my Ranger pulling a trailer made from a truk frame with dual wheels. Most of that lumber is 12 to 16 feet long seasoned oak.

And here is the load Scrivet was pulling the 1 ton service truck.

Sumthin just ain't right about these loads.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Sumthin ain't right

Postby Rudi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 pm

John:

I like the elevator but would love to have that oak in my cabinet shop ... looks like you have the more valuable load. :lol: All depends on your point of view :wink:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub

Postby randallc » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 am

Sumthin must be up
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:28 am

At first I thought that was a photoshop, then again I saw John one time pulling two tractors on one trailer with a Ranger…so no photoshop in this picture.
Everybody with their Ford trucks on here is starting to make me jealous !

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:46 am

JackF wrote:At first I thought that was a photoshop,.......!
I only had to go a mile, but by the feel it was no more than 4,000 pounds at most, and the Ranger is rated for 5,700 pound trailer. the nose of the trailer was a little heavy, but for that short a tip it was not a problem. I guaranty, I would not take off on a longer highway trip with a setup like that. at least not without electric brakes on the trailer.

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Hey you two, please leave me a place to park when i get home, please . All these treasures head up the hill and i still aint got to play with anything. Well i have "played with that hay trailer n that elavator way to much" but that was years ago. Scrivet you aint plannin on tryin to feed bales up it n bury me like ol times ???? :shock:

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:41 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Sumthin just ain't right about these loads.
I don't see nothing wrong with those loads. :lol:

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:...... I guaranty, I would not take off on a longer highway trip with a setup like that. at least not without electric brakes on the trailer.
Or with those tires that are the same ones that were on that trailer 35 years ago :shock: and were iffy then. But you do have a spare and it's not difficult to remove at all :D . (When we were unhooking I was looking at the spare on the tounge and the thought hit me "Just how is this attached, I don't see any bolts or anything" Turns out GRAVITY it was just laying there. :shock: :shock: :shock:

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote: Most of that lumber is 12 to 16 feet long seasoned oak.
You know for a guy that carries around a tape measure....................That's a 13' x 7' bed...........Since you didn't measure it I guess that's why you need to carry the tape. :lol:

Rabbit Holler Flash wrote:..... Scrivet you aint plannin on tryin to feed bales up it n bury me like ol times ???? :shock:
Naw, didn't get a motor with it, and besides mostly big round bales around now. You'd need something the size of a cub power unit :wink: to get one of those to go up. Or with a power unit if we found some small squares we could take the elevator to the field and launch them at the barn :{_}:

Elevator completely hand built by your cousin, mainly bolted together with very few welds, and used by you and your brother $40
Hay trailer used with the elevator $50
Pile of seasoned lumber mainly seasoned oak inch boards $80
Debt owed to John *.?-!.* cub owner spending several days, multiple trips helping load and unload, including digging out a ground hog infested 100 plus year old 12 x 15 blacksmith shop in a thunderstorm after dark PRICELESS(to John because he's NEVER going to let me forget it!)

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:53 am

We aint gotta barn :shock: :shock:

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Carl does and one end of it's completely open :D :D :D :D :D

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Scrivet wrote:........ PRICELESS(to John because he's NEVER going to let me forget it!)
Truthfully I hadn't thought much about it until Barb mentioned it. You can thank your cousin for that idea.

Return to “Off Topic”