This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cooling, Pressure, and Caps

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cooling, Pressure, and Caps

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:00 pm

All of my long stripe cubs have pressure caps on them , no problems with them what so ever,more hp may have needed a little more cooling , however I would not use one on a early model cub
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby lazyuniondriver » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:03 pm

challenger wrote:The discussion on pressurized cooling systems is all valid and interesting, but I still wonder how many work situations today's Cubs are subjected to that necessitates gaining a few more degrees of cooling capacity beyond that provided by the unpressurized system. The most important items are making sure your radiator and internal engine water jacket are clean, using a good rust inhibitor anti-freeze, and maintaining the proper coolant level in the radiator. Considering the age of the Cub, including the radiator and gaskets, it is my opinion that most owners will experience less trouble overall if they stay away from pressurizing their system.

Can't agree with you more, the reason both my old cubs have had their 7 pound pressure caps that were installed by the previous owners modified.

With the ratio of cooling capacity (onboard coolant reserve, core size, and air flow) to cubic inches of displacement, one would think the engineers had a good grip on the maximum amount of heat that could be produced under full load on a hot day but as previously brought to light, horsepower hungry attachments not originally available and thin air in the mountainous regions caused the engineers to rethink the possibility of the points between hot and boiling had become too close, making the change to the pressurized cooling system.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

lombard
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lombard » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:26 pm

WITH HARD WORK-----THIS IS WHEN I RUN A 16 # CAP ON MY CUB -------THEMO-NUTHING STARTS TO WORK JUST
AS THE LIQUID GETS CLOSE TO BOILING POINT-----THIS IS WHEN THE LIQUID STARTS TO MOVE THROUGH THE
SYSTEM--------THIS NEW GAS WORKS BEST WITH A HIGH TEMPRATURE ENG.------WITH LIQUID UNDER PRESSURE IT
WILL GIVE UP THE HEAT QUICKER-----THUS SMALLER RADIATORS FOR MFG..----MY $0.08

GOOD LUCK
LOMBARD----SC----

Return to “Farmall Cub”