This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Body by Cantrell

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Body by Cantrell

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:34 pm

I don't have a picture of the actual car, but this looks as close as I could find. It may not be the right year, and I'm not sure it's the Dodge, since Cantrell made bodies for almost all of the auto makers.

I spent most of the day helping my brother move his 1946 Dodge Woodie from Co. Springs to Denver where he now lives. It came with an interesting story. The original owner purchased it just after Dodge was released from making ambulances on their truck frames. The owner and his son rode the train to Long Island and then spent two weeks driving it back to Estes Park, Colorado. It was used to haul guests to their dude ranch and back to the train station. When the dude ranch closed, the family kept the property for summer vacations and would fire up the Woodie, drive it into town shopping, etc. This one may be unique in that it is on a truck chassis, not an auto chassis. It's 95% original, the canvas top was replaced. We actually had a guy follow us for about 5 miles that wanted to know more about it as he also has a Woodie. Thought some of you guys might find this interesting.

Bob

The picture is from http://www.coachbuilt.com
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Body by Cantrell

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Bob:

That is a sweet Woodie. It is nice he has the history of this particular vehicle. Pics at some point???
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Here you were having fun again, and I sat at home all day staring at the walls... :(

That's a cool looking vehicle Bob! We need to have a visit soon before it gets cold! :D

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:49 am

The posted photo is a Studebaker, built on the light truck chassis.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks Busdriver, The website where I found the picture didn't identify the cars, so I just picked the one that looked close.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Off Topic”