This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Generator

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mrdibs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19520
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
2007 Cub Cadet

Generator

Postby mrdibs » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 am

Now that she's running again, I need to attend to the lesser issues. First up is the generator. Ammeter shows discharge with the lights on, so I know the meter is good. Wiring is all new and all was working perfectly when I first put it all back together. The generator had good brushes etc when I took it apart to paint, but I admit it's probably original equipment.

So - how do I isolate the problem to either A - the voltage regulator, or B - the generator? Is there a good way to bench test them?

Next. I have the sickle bar attached and functional, but I'm certain it's missing some peices and parts. Does anyone have close-ups of a complete working sicklebar, or parts manual with diagrams? It also has a couple of busted blades and one busted tooth. Blades look rivited, so how do I replace?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Generator

Postby tst » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 am

Generator issue first,did you polarize the regulator?, if so ground the field terminal on the generator while running, if it charges the generator is working
here is a link to sickle bar pics http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/cub22_001.htm
Tim

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:29 am

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20 ... Mowers.htm

Pages 9-11 discuss cutting bar maintenance. There might be someone close to you that has a Johnson Sickle Servicer. It facilitates both removal of blades and also sets the rivets. If you just have a few to do, you can do them as shown in the link.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 am

Since you painted, make sure you have good grounds on the regulator mount and on the generator. Here is a link to Farmall
bob's trouble shooting chart for generators with regulators.
http://s101.beta.photobucket.com/user/f ... sort=4&o=6
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

mrdibs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19520
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
2007 Cub Cadet

Postby mrdibs » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks guys! Sickle bar pics are perfect. I'm missing essentially all of the safety gear/guards and a few things are bent in ways they should not be.

Return to “Farmall Cub”