This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil Pressure

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LeeC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22150
Tractors Owned: 2 1962 LoBoys
1 1964 LoBoy
1 1965 LoBoy
1 1966 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Oil Pressure

Postby LeeC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:58 pm

My oil pressure reads high on the gauge and hardly backs down when the engine is warm (running 10W-30). I was going to check the regulator to see if it is stuck, but I am unsure how to get to it. The plug sits in a recess that gives very little clearance for a socket. Also, one of the bolts that connect the engine to the bolster is in the way and does not want to come loose easily, so I went to plan B. I tried a box end wrench and there are a number of things that get in the way. What is the best way to get at the pressure regulator plug? Given this apparently easy operation has hit unexpected snags, where is the best place to hook up a pressure gauge to make an accurate measurement? I would assume removing the tractor oil pressure gauge and connecting it there or is there another preferred location? Thanks, Lee
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Re: Oil Pressure

Postby lazyuniondriver » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:18 pm

I would proceed exactly as you describe by hooking up a new or known to be accurate oil pressure gauge in same location as the suspected defective gauge.

Until actual oil pressure is known, avoid disassembly of other components.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

LeeC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22150
Tractors Owned: 2 1962 LoBoys
1 1964 LoBoy
1 1965 LoBoy
1 1966 LoBoy

Postby LeeC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Sound advice. Rather than using another cub gauge that I would have to take off another tractor, I have a mechanic's oil pressure gauge/tester. I was wondering where the best location is for hooking it up. I guess I have my answer. I still would like to know how to get at that pressure regulator plug if it comes to that. Thanks, Lee
Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Depending upon the sizes of the fittings in your oil pressure testing unit or oil pressure gauge, there is an allen plug in front of the oil filter housing.

Since a bolt holding the engine to bolster is in front of the oil pressure regulating valve, you will need to remove the bolt. Or remove the nut to loosen the bolt then slide it back a bit into the bolster.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”