This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Biodiesel production

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Biodiesel production

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:34 pm

With fuel prices soaring, I'm interested in finding out if any of the forum members have been making or using biodiesel. I know there are two tank conversion units for using filtered waste vegetable oil, and a process with lye and methanol to remove glycerin (eliminates cold temp gelling). Anybody have any personal experience?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:57 pm

No personel exsperince but have given it some thought, the thing that keeps me from trying biodiesel is that you have to be your own brewmaster and have the lab in the back of your truck at all times...... Some smart buisness person should open a stricly Biodiesel fuel station, I think it could be profitable.... Have you checked out [url]thedieselstop.com[/url]? they have a biodeisel form that is quite active....

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:07 pm

That's pretty well what Willie did.
http://www.wnbiodiesel.com/

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:37 am

Biodeisel
Yes how good, how efficient, super, I'm all for it, it is going to do just what the world needs.

IF IT'S ALLOWED TO.

Do you remember the Steam Car, efficient, clean quiet... it was "shelved" early in the 20th century because of the petrol company lobbies.

Here in France, if we are not mistaken, biodeisel is not allowed to be sold! It is illegal. Although there is about 2% in our regular deisel.

The government make too much tax on petro fuels to abandon them---that is till it's too late and we have steam aircraft, with two yorkshire boilers and a few tons of good black coal to......no i'm rambling on into wistful reminiscences.

Biodeiesel for all is the call!
Pat

Return to “Off Topic”