This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What's are they worth and how hard are they to get rid of.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Johnny Lindqvist
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01568
Tractors Owned: 58 Loboy
49 Super A

What's are they worth and how hard are they to get rid of.

Postby Johnny Lindqvist » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:51 pm

How Much is an L38 disc worth and an 54A Blade? I'm curious as I found someone selling a nice cub with these two attachments. I already have an L38 and an L54 so I would hope to sell them to offset the cost. Actually I would contemplate keeping the 54A blade or maybe just the mounting bracket that differs from the lo boy so I could use either tractor. That probably makes the blade almost useless to someone else but let me know what you think. I'm just kicking tires at the moment but interested to hear feedback.
Johnny
Johnny Lindquist
1958 Fast Hitch Lo Boy with Woods 59CL-3 Mower Deck, L38 Disc Harrow, F194 Plow and L54 Blade

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: What's are they worth and how hard are they to get rid o

Postby lazyuniondriver » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:14 pm

I prefer to use Craigslist as my barometer of equipment prices. It is regionally price specific with the maximum selling price in most cases, listed in the ad. If it stays listed for months, too high, if its gone when you call, just right or too low.

No bidding, no tax, no shipping charge, just the bring home price which is not always the case on auction sites.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:06 pm

I agree with lazyuniondriver. I don't think you'll have any touble moving them. However, prices vary from location to location so your local Craigslist will help you set prices.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:06 pm

I recommend not separating parts of a complete implement. Sell it whole and complete.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Your lowboy blade will work on either tractor. Sell the other. You are in Masivechewsets ( :mrgreen: and winter is coming which means SNOW. Blade in good shape should bring $300-$500 in your area this time of year.

The L38 should bring $350 to $450, but it won't sell till spring at that price. move it quick at $250

You should easily and quickly be able to move them for $500 for both. Much more if you have time to wait and time to spend marketing them.

Dale

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:07 pm

prices are down , with the economy, and condition means it all, i see a lot of over priced cub equipment as far as crags list you will see the same thing there for a long time on occasion. I sell a fair amount of cub related parts and tractors, JMO
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Yup, prices seem to be down all over :eBay: and CL. Ask is high, but on re-list prices are going lower as the reserves fall. In any case a complete implement is worth much more than one that is missing pieces. However, in the case of the blade -- there is always an exception. Many of us have pieces missing and want to be able to finish our own implements. Before you do part it, test the waters both in our For Sale Cub Items forum and of course your local CL etc.,.

Personally I would suggest if you do pop on the tractor that you hang on to the implements and see what you really need to do and what you can get out of them. Patience is usually rewarded with a higher final price achieved.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Prices are down.... and CL is a poor measure unless you really keep an eye on things, stuff that is priced right doesn't last long. So the stuff you see is often high.

New England prices are generally higher than other places, Dale's numbers are about right. But it also depends on the condition.

The other way of looking at it is that implements are money in the bank, if you can store them they will always be worth more tomorrow.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Exactly Larry. Some folks are buying Gold as the dollar is becoming worthless. I can not afford Gold, but folks will always need to eat, and grow gardens, and cub parts and implements are My Gold.

I also know that in a pinch i can hit my "Hillbilly Bank Account". Scrap yard is 8 miles up the road for stuff that is not usable or repairable.

Dale

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Postby Joe Malinowski » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:16 pm

I think Dale is right on I am here in Western Ma., I would say if the 54a is good ask 400.00 as long as you can wait a bit to sell it. As Don said keep all the implement together. Cub stuff is moving slow but it does move. I have a modified power angle blade for sale and have been sitting on it for a few months. Good luck,
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

ntrenn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47119
Skype Name: ntrenn
Tractors Owned: 63 Cub 221833 in family since '69
65 Lo-boy 19648 with an un-stuck #4 - it lives!!!
144 Cultivators with disc hillers
193 Plow
42C mower
59L mower mounted on the Fcub
23A Disc - lost possession

Postby ntrenn » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:40 pm

54A's can go as low as $100 around here if you find somebody that doesn't know what they have and don't know how to advertise it. Usually they go for $300-400, though.
L38 - just can't see more than $100-150 for one when 23A's go for $200-300, but maybe there is more market for the L38 because of the Cadet market.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:44 am

Also, there are 3 different kinds of L38's. The disk harrow portion is the same but the mounting is very different. The fast hitch ones (Lo Boy and Cub) in decent shape should get good $$. I don't know about the standard ones. They don't make em anymore and surely not the quality of IH stuff.

ntrenn, I don't think a Cadet could handle an L38. On my Lo Boy it will do wheelies easily and that's with 100# of front weights and only cobblestones for weight on the disc.

As Dale said you can use the L54 on a Cub without modification, it sits up higher on a Cub (higher angle of attack). Those are pretty scarce and more valuable than a 54A. The downside is you cannot use it as a belly mount grader blade.

Does that Cub have a Fast Hitch??
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Johnny Lindqvist
10+ Years
10+ Years
49 Super A

Postby Johnny Lindqvist » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Hey, Thanks for all the feed back!

Yeah, It's a fast hitch cub, looks like a 58 or so, has the under slung exhaust just like my low boy. I thought the L38 was just a fast hitch 10 disc harrow about 5' wide single gang. In this case that's what it is. I didn't know that they made something for Cub Cadet with the same name. I thought that piece would be the worth more of the money than the plow. I think I paid $350 for mine and I thought mine was a great deal (discs were new and it still had original paint and decals on it). This one looks good but the disc are all perfect circles so they have plenty of use. Like I said, I'm kicking tires. I'd love to have something a little bigger that I could pull a Baler with (a whole other conversation about what to to get) and do hay however on the short term this thing would make next spring much easier. Than perhaps a 3rd tractor would become necessary :D which would be fine with me.
Johnny Lindquist
1958 Fast Hitch Lo Boy with Woods 59CL-3 Mower Deck, L38 Disc Harrow, F194 Plow and L54 Blade

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Johnny, if your L38 came with the Lo Boy it is likely the Lo Boy version. That won't work on a Cub, pretty sure it will hit the tires. A Lo Boy fast hitch is quite a bit further back than a Cubs, so the mounting is closer on the disc. Sell the Lo Boy one. (I just used the Cub one with my Lo Boy today)
http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub- ... e%2003.jpg

There a several disks available, different diameters AND scalloped or round.
http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub- ... e%2008.jpg
http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub- ... e%2007.jpg

Johnny Lindqvist
10+ Years
10+ Years
49 Super A

Postby Johnny Lindqvist » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 am

Hey Gary, Thanks for the info on the discs. I always thought if they were round they were worn. The L38 I have is a standard cub one. I see the difference with the hitch (low boy being straight and the cub slightly longer and arcs a little). I'd been warned I may have a problem with it but it's work just find. A little low when transporting up and down the road over bumps but I'm only going 50 yards down or up the road so it's fine.
Johnny Lindquist

Return to “Farmall Cub”