This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Source(s) for Replacement C-2 Danco Mower Blades

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ironlegs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16426
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Super A
1958 Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Source(s) for Replacement C-2 Danco Mower Blades

Postby Ironlegs » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 pm

For those of you who like a challenge...is there a source for replacement/new Danco C-2 mower blades? My search of about two weeks via the internet has turned-up no sources. Please share your thoughts and tips with me about replacement C-2 blades.
Ironlegs John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Source(s) for Replacement C-2 Danco Mower Blades

Postby jim turner » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:41 pm

about two years ago I( bought a set from Case IH
Jim Turner

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Re: Source(s) for Replacement C-2 Danco Mower Blades

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Get the real thing.... They are now $36 ea from a dealer (C&G, site sponsor) and a very high quality blade. Made in USA! My old ones on the FH mower were pretty well used and I did try to 'balance' (the old bungee cord from on a nail trick) but new ones are much better. I priced some blades at TSC (none looked even close) and that's about the going price for any bush hog type blade.

They are pretty stout, I have pruned granite :roll: with one. Use a flail now mostly on the rock farm. Also, they are reversible, so if not in bad shape (and are the same weight) you can flip them over.

It may be easier to drop the spindle to change them, especially if it's been a long time. Just be careful of the pins and springs on the over-running clutch when you take the top sheave off. Will give you a chance to give everything a good look too. Put grease in the holes in the sheave when you put it back together, will help keep the pins/springs in place.

It's an odd bolt, 7/8" carriage with a castle nut and cotter and there is a bushing in the hole in the blade.

1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”