This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New guy from Washington State

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
tonystoy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 98339

New guy from Washington State

Postby tonystoy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi all,

As of yesterday, I have joined the Farmall Cub collectors society. I have always been interested in the Cubs, and, well, you know, one of those deals too good to pass up. I purchased a 1951(?) "conventional" Cub, ser 128403 and a 1958 loboy, ser 10226. The loboy is a runner, the conventional is in kit form, lots of pieces and, I assume, lots of work. I am a wrench turner at heart, so looking forward to the task.

I have found manuals copied to CD on Bay, has anyone used them? Any recommendations?

Thanks, I am sure you will be hearing lost of "HELP" coming from the northwest Washington wilderness.
Tony

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New guy from Washington State

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Welcome to the site.

I can't speak to the specific CDs you are looking at, but a lot that you find on eBay are not very well done. Some are copies made from the ones you can find on this site. Click on either/both of the "Manuals" links at the top of this page. If you want quality paper reprints, get them from Binder Books.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Tony:

G'day and congrats :applause: to you on becoming a member of the Cub Community and the Multiple Cub Club to boot :!: :big smile:

Jim has you covered on your questions. Most of the manuals on :eBay: have been lifted directly from the Manuals link above and have been on eBay for a long time. They have been converted to pdf's and are kind of difficult to navigate through as each page is a separate pdf. I have a couple of those CD's for comparison and they really are a waste of money. Most of the Manuals at the link above are available page by page or in an html file - one of the reasons I did this was to provide a free on-line lending library. The New Manuals offer PDF's.

As far as I am concerned, the CD's on :eBay: are a waste of money. But then again, I am a little biased. As Jim mentioned if you want good quality reprints buy them from Binder Books. If you want originals, they do show up on eBay from time to time. A lot of the reprints on eBay are not very clear and are a waste of money. Some folks recommend the CaseIH reprints, they are good to a degree but the illustrations leave a lot to be desired. The very best manuals are originals if you can get them. Patience is the key - but then again, you have access to the scanned manuals until you find the ones you want for your own collection.

Suggest you follow the links below, there is a wealth of information available to our members here:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 am

Tony, Welcome to the forum,
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Return to “Introduce Yourself”