This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The start of # 5 looks red to me pics added

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: The start of # 5 looks red to me

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:36 pm

were you standing there watching just red or yellow and white ones coming off the line Stick
:D My old dealer said he sold some thats all I know I will also have one at the Waller soon . I think I will be able to tell if it is factory paint or not. I have an Idea as the the paint scheme. there are 5 here that I know of by the way
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Boss Hog wrote:were you standing there watching just red or yellow and white ones coming off the line Stick
:D My old dealer said he sold some thats all I know I will also have one at the Waller soon . I think I will be able to tell if it is factory paint or not. I have an Idea as the the paint scheme. there are 5 here that I know of by the way
Boss

Red hood, white hood, whatever. The main thing is, you're not painting it yellow!! :big smile:

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Al the one with the white hood and the rest red is one I am acquiring, Not one of the Hog Waller cubs
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:06 pm

Boss Hog wrote:Al the one with the white hood and the rest red is one I am acquiring, Not one of the Hog Waller cubs

I can't wait to see it!

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Super A wrote:'Cept for the ones that pop up from time to time in original paint that have white hoods....

So I guess you have followed these tractors throughout their lifespan to know that they are original?

I can show you many, many pics of:
Late 40's/early '50s Cubs with square hoods, multibar grilles and fast hitches as well as late model Cubs with round hoods and "Farmall" stickers.
Extra hi-crop sprayers, extra-low LoBoys, trenchers, C-60 powered trains, boats and IceCream carts.
Blue cubs, orange cubs, black cubs, pink cubs, white cubs, blue/white, red/black, and even red/white cubs.
But just because they exist now, in no way confirms that IH made them that way.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby RaymondDurban » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Boss Hog wrote:were you standing there watching just red or yellow and white ones coming off the line Stick
Boss

Nope, I wasn't. But I'm not making statements I can't back up or find evidence for either. I haven't said one way or the other, cause it certainly is possible. Anythings possible, but, I am saying the red/white paint is improbable.
You may be able to tell if the hood was painted white originally, but you won't be able to tell if it rolled off the line that way.
Without any other information (original pics, IH docs) the easiest explanation is the hoods are dealer replacements.

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:07 am

Be danged if he ain't been around a lot for a young feller.... :lol:

I'll make the 700 mile run over the mountains and back next Sunday just to check all those striped cubs out Boss. Have some sweet tea and nabs ready to keep me awake on the trip back home. :wink:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:39 am

RaymondDurban wrote:
Boss

Nope, I wasn't. But I'm not making statements I can't back up or find evidence for either. I haven't said one way or the other, cause it certainly is possible. Anythings possible, but, I am saying the red/white paint is improbable.
You may be able to tell if the hood was painted white originally, but you won't be able to tell if it rolled off the line that way.
Without any other information (original pics, IH docs) the easiest explanation is the hoods are dealer replacements.

right strange that they all are with in few hundred of the same serial # on the ones that I know of
And were Farmall Cubs too , I guess they had a bad run on tanks at the start in 64
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 am

Boss Hog wrote:right strange that they all are with in few hundred of the same serial # on the ones that I know of

What is the serial # range so others can check their's. Could be somebody ordered a bunch of them at one time and had the hoods painted to match other company vehicles. They may not have been offered to the public but still sold by a dealer. It most certainly is not worth getting into a war of words over, especially since there is no documentation one way or another.

This is just like the trimmed hood that was on a lot of 1948 Cubs. There is no denying they exist and weren't an owner modification but IH never documented that either.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:58 am

I only have 4 right now all are farmall cubs with 12 volt systems , I am waiting on some more #s to come in
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 am

Boss Hog wrote:I only have 4 right now all are farmall cubs with 12 volt systems , I am waiting on some more #s to come in

Were your's all found regionally or were they scattered across the country? If they were painted specifically for one company they may not have traveled far from their original destination and may not be found much more than 100 miles outside your area. That's why I was wondering about the serial # range. If other members knew what the range was they could check their's more closely to see if it was repainted or not. Without that you probably won't get a lot of feedback from others. I didn't get any info on the trimmed dashes until I mentioned what range we suspected.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:27 am

so fare all are from 2245XX to 2247XX 2 of them are 100 miles from me I will have to go get the #s off the other 2 that I know of close by here , I have one coming , but it is from out of state
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:55 am

Boss Hog wrote: 2 of them are 100 miles from me I will have to go get the #s off the other 2 that I know of close by here

That's a start.

Circle of Safety

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:20 am

Boss Hog wrote:
right strange that they all are with in few hundred of the same serial # on the ones that I know of
And were Farmall Cubs too , I guess they had a bad run on tanks at the start in 64

When did they start painting Cub's calf scours yellow and white? I know I should know this, but I don't know sh*t too well....(You're welcome, Yogie!) The first time I ever saw a red cub with a white hood, my first thought was they ran out of red tanks at the factory. I don't know but I would guess they painted the tanks and other white sheet metal separate from the rest of the tractor. Anyhow I don't see IH stopping the assembly line to wait for red tanks when they have a whole pile of white ones sitting around....

Al

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:31 am

Yogie wrote:Be danged if he ain't been around a lot for a young feller.... :lol:

I'm guessing you are referring to me here. As a matter of fact I have been around a lot. I've been to nearly every state in the Union, and the better part of 55 countries around the world, but I don't understand how my travels relate to the topic.

Boss Hog wrote:right strange that they all are with in few hundred of the same serial # on the ones that I know of

If they are Boss, that's great, and if compiled would be documentation and I'll be a believer too. I know of one down in Fla that I'll get the numbers for you as well.
If it happens that they all line up numerically to indicate that IH did paint them this way, or they just turned out this way due to tank shortages like Al suggests, I'll be the first to post on the board that you as well as the others are right, and my beliefs are wrong! It certainly wouldn't be the first time! :D
Walking out the door now, call you in just a min Boss...

Return to “Farmall Cub”