This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH dealers

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
CubitisNH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: IH dealers

Postby CubitisNH » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:13 pm

To the best of my knowledge,Salem Farm Supply on Rte 22 in Salem,NY is still selling Case-IH tractors along with Kubota and various lines of farm equipment. I've bought quite a few parts from them(though not for the past few years)and they were always willing to try to find what I needed.I think they opened in '53 or '54.
Mike
How can you have too many Cubs????

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Postby Virginia Mike » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Farm Service Co. in Lynchburg, and Powers Tractor in Vinton still sell IH parts, but sell Kabota tractors.
Best,
Mike
Tractors are made to work!
"A Cub will do as much as a team of horses,.. More in hot weather!" - C. W. Spradlin 1909-1994

LA Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70394
Tractors Owned: 2 Cubs
1 Cub High Crop
1 AV
2 Super AVs
1 MD
3 HVs
3 MVs
1 Super MTA-V
1 100 Hi-Clear
2 130 Hi-Clears
2 140 Hi-Clears
1 300 Hi-Clear
1 350 Hi-Clear
2 B-414G Hi-Clears
1 B-414D Hi-Clear
1 400 Hi Clear
1 450 Hi Clear
1 460 Hi-Clear
1 504 Hi-Clear
3 560D Hi-Clears
1 706 D Hi-Clear
1 806D Hi-Clear with Broussard Sugar Cane Loader
1 856D Hi-Clear with Broussard Sugar Cane Loader
1 966D Hi-Clear
1 1066D Hi-Clear
1 F-30 Hi Clear

Postby LA Eric » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Lemann's Farm Supply Donaldsonville,LA

Mr Ziffel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20106
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub with 193 plow, snow plow. Woods 59 mower. unknown disk, John Deere spring-tooth harrow, 2009 New Holland T1510, Massey Ferguson Mod 25 Disc (I think)

Postby Mr Ziffel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 am

Browning Equipment Co.
Purcellville Va. Still has the Case IH logo
But sells other tractors also.

Browning Equipment, Inc..jpg
Browning Equipment, Inc..jpg (25.04 KiB) Viewed 288 times

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:57 am

THey still have their red pylon!!

The gestapo at caseIH made Mills tear theirs down around '98/'99 or so. :( The base of it is still there, so there is no doubt what used to be there....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:46 am

We have Scott Companies. Used to be called Scott Truck and Tractor. Was exclusively an I/H dealer and you could get everything from Cubs to refrigerators. It slowly morphed into construction equipment and heavy trucks. You can still get the small line of tractors there, but the ever rotating parts department help does know a cub from a refrigerator. :roll: Parts are very high there too. Our neighbor of many years worked there in truck sales, and he always had a new cub cadet to mow with.
http://www.scottcompanies.com/farm.html

Michael Beck
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35466

Postby Michael Beck » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 am

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Arbing Equipment Ltd

Arbing is about 45 minutes southwest of me heading toward St. John. I sometimes will pop in if I am in the area, parts staff are pretty competent as long as you have a part #.

Arbing Equipment Ltd, founded in June 1965 by Bill Arbing as a International Harvester dealership, has been steadily growing ever since. The business is now run by Pam Arbing Northrup, Bill's daughter. In the spring of 2009, we finished renovations on our newly expanded facility, adding approx. 3000 square feet to the total building, hiring 2 additional mechanics, expanding all areas in the building, sales service, and parts. we also changed the look of the front of the building to facilitate an outside display area.
in November 2010, Bill Arbing, the founder of Arbing Equipment, passed away knowing that his business was in good hands to meet the challenges of the future.
Arbing Equipment has picked up the Mahindra tractor line to supplement their compact and mid size tractor line. Mahindra tractors have been accepted well in the marketplace with good feedback from the customers that have purchased them so far. case-ih has introduced the new Farmall B compact tractor and we should see some stock arriving this year. additions to our staff is a new salesman, Jesse Bell, to better serve our customers. if you have any questions, pls feel free to contact any of our staff and they will be more than willing to help you out.

I added the links where required. Mahindra is the Indian arm of International Harvester and much of their production is based on the product line from the Doncaster Works in England. So at least they are handling the descendants of IH. And they have Cub Cadets. Unfortunately they are very proud of their used stock, so it is hard to get a good deal on a Cub these days. Oh well - the secret is to get the Cubs before Arbing does :lol:

Fort Equipment Ltd

They are in Amherst - about 40 minutes east of me, they were a CaseIH dealer and have now introduced Kubota tractors. They are also a Woods Equipment dealer which I didn't know so I now have a somewhat local dealer for Woods should I ever acquire one. I don't head out this way often but when I do I pop in, staff is ok with parts as long as you have a part # and know what replacements are available. Most of the staff don't know what a Cub is. I think Fort was one of the last new IH dealers before the collapse in '86.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Off Topic”