Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:54 am
I have a 1959 cub for sale and have had no one comment or make an offer.
Could someone help me on what the prices are and should I try to sell it or part it out.
Really good Cub. No major problems and no welds.
I do understand the discretionary money and bad economy problems but I need to know where I need to be on the price.
I am sure there have been similar posts so lead me there if you must.
Thanks in advance for the firstname.lastname@example.org
Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:05 pm
Keith, I don't think you are out of line on your price. What may be hurting you is location. A lot of buyers don't want to drive far for a tractor but some will. Is this the only place you advertised it? If so, other people in your area may not see it. Have you posted it in Craigslist or other tractor sites? There may be folks near you who will see it there.
Yes. this time of year many people have other things on their minds ndbuying a Cub may not be one of them. Hang in there and wait. It'll catch somebody's eye soon enough.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:14 pm
I agree with Bill. Your location is likely a factor. Based SOLELY on your description, the price seems reasonable. I suggest including some photos with your ad and listing it locally and on Craigslist.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 pm
I agree the price is good, however not many tractors selling right now, my friend is a dealer in tractors and equipment and hasn't sold a tractor in almost a year, he does sell lots of equipment however. Maybe Spring it will sell.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:02 pm
i just bought 2 cubs that should run with a little tinkering, 2 snow plows and 1 belly mower for 1500$, he said he has been advertiseing them since july and everybody keeps telling him what a great deal it is but nobody has had the money. it's a buyers market right now.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 pm
I would think it is a buyers market too, but for Farmall 140s they are holding to their price. The Cubs haven't been selling well, so I guess it is a buyers market on them.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:47 pm
I'm looking right now in PA. Lots of rusty runners, but no [unrestored] gems so far. Prices are low. $700-$1500 gets a nice tractor. Anything over that is real pretty or loaded with attachments, and not selling. Haven't seen your ad, so I'm not sure where you're at.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:12 pm
Thanks for the replies..
I spoke with a friend that says he might take it and restore it then we would split the profit.
I know I am going to take a whipping but I'll take it like a man as I really wanted to make this project work but things have not worked out and my time for anything other than work is so limited. Glad I have a good job is what I was trying to say.
I actually have a turning plow and several tools to go with this Cub.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:31 pm
I believe this time of year isn't a great time for sellers, I would love another cub, but right now I can barely afford a set of spark plugs! If you can wait until springtime, when everyone's getting tax refunds, you can sell anything! Dale.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:26 pm
Nubbin wrote:I spoke with a friend that says he might take it and restore it then we would split the profit.
Don't do that. Your asking prices is already $600- lower than the $2000- invested. Run some estimated figures on paper. You definitely won't make a profit but you friend might make a couple of dollars.
Depending on your financial situation 2 choices. 1) Sell now and take the loss. Probably the better choice. 2) Take you time and put the Cub in running order. Wait and sell in a couple years when the economy improves or just use the Cub yourself.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:44 pm
I definitely agree with Eugene. You have nothing to gain by letting anybody put more money into it before it is sold. Let the next guy spend the cash on it.
Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:58 pm
Let me tell you firsthand (and I believe Dale and others will agree), that there really is NO money to be made (unless you got the tractor in decent shape for free) when restoring and selling Cubs. Now, "restore" is a very vauge word in my eyes. Slapping a quick coat of paint and tuning it up isn't a restoration.....and it sure won't bring much more than you're asking. You really just have to love doing it and have the extra resources and parts to make it worth it......which I do. The prices are down right now too, so I'd agree and not try to split the profits with anyone, because they would be very slim.....if there were any!
Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:13 pm
You would be much better off to just part it out than to restore it
Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:31 am
Others might disagree, but I would invest in a battery. "Runs great" sounds so much better than "Was running when I last worked on it but the battery has died". As said before, pictures are a must for a good add and I would list it on Craigslist. Lastly, I would reword things like "I have over $2K invested....will take $1400.00, offers and trades accepted and appreciated." as it sounds like desperation and puts you at a disadvantage. Think of it from a buyer's position, do I want someone else's project or a tractor ready to go?
Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:13 am
Thanks for the advice.
I agree, after some thought, that the wording I used sends a very different picture than it actually is.
Luckily and by God's Grace I am not pressed to sell my Cub. I just need the space and I have no time to finish the project.
I am going to get a battery and get it fired up so that anyone looking can hear it run as ya'll advised.
I really do appreciate constructive criticism and have learned much over the years just by shutting my mouth and listening.
My hope is that someone can finish the work. This was the motivation to sell the Cub.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.