This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Genuine IH parts

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Genuine IH parts

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 am

http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi ... th=1207727

It remains to be seen what effect this may have on the availability of new genuine IH parts. At the very least, existing inventories are highly likely to be available for sale through some marketer.
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Genuine IH parts

Postby Rudi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Currently, CaseIH parts are available locally through our New Holland dealer .. not sure for how long as there is a problem with Fiat .... :big give up: I don't deal much with them as Case parts seem to be an afterthought. As the ag industry consolidates globally there are going to be definite changes in product supply chains for sure. It will be an interesting story to follow for sure.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:57 pm

I view this as more of a consolidation for Fiat subsidiaries since Fiat currently owns about 90% of CNH. CNH is currently building a plant in China so I don't expect the name to disappear.

Future IH parts availability. Don't know. Future IH parts for older tractors. Don't know. My feeling is that the manufacturer of tractors will sell the same identical tractor with a different paint scheme and name stenciled to the sheet metal at it's various dealerships and outlets.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:22 pm

I recall in the early 1960's, parts packages of options for Chevrolets of the late 50's appeared in the JC Whitney catalogs. Many of these options could be dealer-installed. It is assumed that when GM decided to no longer offer the package, they sold off the remaining inventory. I bought some and used all of them. Still in the original GM boxes.
Equipment manufacturers could well do the same thing.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm

One thing I noticed lately is that they have raised the prices of parts considerably, but so has everyone else. The other thing I noticed is they are apparently not as 'quality' oriented as they used to be. One example is the 6205-J (ST225B) bearing for the PTO and right angle pulley, I just got was marked 'Made in China' on the box and had no markings at all on the bearing. They changed the part number, probably to consolidate with Case and NH numbers. It was $9.

As long as there is a market, they will sell parts for old stuff.... as soon as we quit buying parts they WILL disappear from the supply chain. Just my guess.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:42 am

I own a M/F Industrial Backhoe that is about 10 years old. When Fiat bought Massey Ferguson my concern was if I needed parts quickly they would have them in stock so I could get the tractor repaired quickly. After the original M/F parts were depleted the only parts they held in stock were only original high demand quick selling parts. If you needed something specific for your tractor they would order a China knock off. I just had to put a water pump on the tractor (Perkins engine Caterpillar owned) the M/F dealer price was $325.00. I found out they were ordering a China knock off and charging Cat prices…so needless to say I canceled and went to E-bay and saved a lot of money.

A friend has a Ford tractor and found the same thing after Fiat bought Ford/New Holland out.

Now I guess it’s sad to say I own three tractors and one truck which have a brand name owned by Fiat.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 am

Bus Driver wrote:http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ttalk&th=1207727

It remains to be seen what effect this may have on the availability of new genuine IH parts. At the very least, existing inventories are highly likely to be available for sale through some marketer.

Unless it is NOS their is no genuine IH parts

Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Off Topic”