This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Greed?

How do I.... ?
Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Greed?

Postby Bob Perry » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Me and Ed do some emailing (mostly because our comments aren't always "politically correct" for a forum.

Anyway, for 2 days I can't (with occasional exception) get through to him. I use Yahoo and he uses Hotmail (Microsoft). I use Google Chrome, Ed uses Firefox.

When I'm on a work computer, I have to use Internet Explorer (kinda like going back a few years). I have noticed that Explorer (Microsoft) doesn't like me using Google very much. Is this what's happening, Microsoft and Yahoo and Google and others are trying to get as much market share as they can?

Why can't everybody just get along ???

Here's the copy/paste:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<eddarowski@hotmail.com>:
Remote host said: 550 SC-001 (COL0-MC4-F3) Unfortunately, messages from 98.138.121.163 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting
Last edited by Bob Perry on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: Greed?

Postby tmays » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm

I couldn't agree more. We are an all Apple household. Up until about 2 months ago, I could stream YouTube videos from my phone to my tv via Appletv. Well now I can't. It will play audio but not video. What good is that? I'm pretty much ticked off about it. That was the main reason I bought Appletv. And don't get me started about apple upgrades!
Thomas

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

Re: Greed?

Postby Bob Perry » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Another thing, none of us understand the implications of all this technology. Being connected at all times. And having these big companies acquiring all kinds of data on us. For example, they love us to do "searches" because those searches tell them who we are (and where we spend our money).

The other night, I went to bed with a YouTube (Google) playlist going. Something I put together for some sleep-enhancing background.

I wake up at 3 a.m., and I'm confused. There's this long ad playing about one of the Medical Centers (specializing in kids) in Boston, all this "If your child is sick, bring them here, etc., etc. I'm confused because my company has a huge contract with them, but why am I hearing this ad at 3 a.m.?

Ah-Hah. I know! A couple days previous, I had gone to googleimages to get a picture of that hospital for a powerpoint presentation I made. That's it! Google says "Bob is searching for a hospital, maybe his child is sick! Let's bombard him with marketing! Let's make money off of his sick kid !!!"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Greed? - Nahhhh

Postby Rudi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Bob:

One of the reasons you got that reply from the mailerdaemon is because a couple servers were overloaded/down temporarily. I had an email bounce going from my rogers.com email account to a email account @live.com (microsoft). Confused me for a minute because it bounced immediately. So I forwarded it - readdressed and purged the other spurious data and hit send. Off it went and it didn't bounce.. still hasn't so I assume it was delivered.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

Re: Greed? - Nahhhh

Postby Bob Perry » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Rudi wrote:Bob:

One of the reasons you got that reply from the mailerdaemon is because a couple servers were overloaded/down temporarily. I had an email bounce going from my rogers.com email account to a email account @live.com (microsoft). Confused me for a minute because it bounced immediately. So I forwarded it - readdressed and purged the other spurious data and hit send. Off it went and it didn't bounce.. still hasn't so I assume it was delivered.

Sounds like I was jumpin' to conclusions !

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”