This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tied score, bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, full count...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ole90633
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17701
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub Standard

Tied score, bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, full count...

Postby Ole90633 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:36 am

... and I finally got all the wood on it: HOME RUN :{_}:

Good morning y'all !

Last month, I pulled the 189 Plow Set into the shop to re-build them. After much penetrant, 'hot wrench' and 'sweat equity', found them to be pretty much complete. Thanks to this Board and the Parts Catalogs, I knew what was missing. Posted a "Want Ad" and although many of you viewed it, had no luck getting the missing parts... what to do?

On a whim, stopped by the long established IH store that provided the parts when I overhauled my engine some thirty years ago. The counterman is a walking parts list so when I asked if a "PO 1285" was still available he said, "hmm, plow parts right?" I was amazed and then he went to the computer; "Yep, Wisconsin has XXX of them." Now, I'm feeling lucky ! :-:-): Gave him the other numbers and low and behold; they're ALL in STOCK, NOS :{_}:

Four business days and about forty-two bucks later, they're in may hands :D Just amazing and the PO 1285 has that dark blue paint that I now have an opportunity to try and match !
189 NOS 001.jpg
189 NOS 001.jpg (144.54 KiB) Viewed 705 times

I think it says a lot about this vintage equipment, and the reliability if maintained, as compared to my 1996 car for which I have had to go to "after-market" for some parts. Things were made so durable back then that spares were made but not required and are available, some as NOS! Interestingly enough, my other love is Vintage BMW motorcycles and the Fatherland has a Mobile Tradition Division, still suppling new genuine original parts going to pre-War II, "Made in W. Germany" or "Germany".

Anyhow, I'm delighted and as we've got freezing rain here in Central PA now, I'm taking a cup-o-Joe over to the shop to tinker with my plows :D

Thank you FarmallCub.com !

Don

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Tied score, bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, full count.

Postby Winfield Dave » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:39 am

:thumbsup:
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 am

Good deal! I know someone else that needs these parts!

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:52 am

What a good story! Glad to hear of your success. Thanks!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:39 am

We gripe about the prices of the NOS parts. The manufacturer and/or dealer has, in some cases, had their initial investment tied up for 30/40/50 years plus has provided storage space for that period of time. While I do not enjoy high prices, they may actually be selling them for cheap, all things considered.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:06 am

Bus Driver wrote:We gripe about the prices of the NOS parts. The manufacturer and/or dealer has, in some cases, had their initial investment tied up for 30/40/50 years plus has provided storage space for that period of time. While I do not enjoy high prices, they may actually be selling them for cheap, all things considered.

Absolutely. When I hear someone gripe about high prices for new parts that haven't been used in production for 40 or 50 years, I often point out that the alternative is the part not available. If they prefer that, all they have to do is leave the parts in the store and go without.

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:16 am

The local IH-Case dealer's parts dept. guru said that there are just tons and tons of Cubs out there that are still running and needing replacement parts, that Fiat has taken over, that most of the parts come out of Canada. Lots of stuff available. I too was shocked when I went for parts, over the summer, for my sicklebar. Phewww, was what I said. Happy was what I felt even though the wallet floated off in the air. That sicklebar went clip-clip-clip -- nice and smooth.

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:33 pm

The IH blue that is available now is a far cry from the dark blue IH that was used back in the day. I hope you match your paint to the NOS part. Make sure you decal it up. Thanks for posting!

Return to “Farmall Cub”