This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cbok pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jdbfish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 76502

Cbok pictures

Postby Jdbfish » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:30 am

Noticed that the pics dont work on several of the how to posts in the cbok section. Anyone know why?

Example. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33915

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cbok pictures

Postby RaymondDurban » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:35 am

The original links and photos have been moved or deleted by the author or the photo host that were stored on.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 am

This is why it is important that the photos not be deleted. I have slowly begun moving pix into a photohost album that is dedicated to the How To forum. This will prevent any tampering by the author in the future. The problem is I have to move them. This will be a monumental task and will take a lot of time, but I see no other way to preserve them. I am working on a way where members can add them but not edit them. I don't know if that can be done yet or not.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Ok.. let's not be speculating on who removed what. At times due to things beyond my control, the server goes down as does the server for Farmallcub.com and every other server on the planet unless of course you have the resources to pay for redundant servers. I do not get/nor ask for support for the server that my data is on, I have a guru who does this for me. I am also in the process of building the new server complete from hardware to software (this is a very expensive proposition and it also will take time). I have been doing this for almost 12 years now and we haven't had that many down periods. The longest was during Katrina and a couple other hurricanes where the power on the east coast all but dried up.

I have been archiving all of the photos for years and have 99% of them backed up precisely so when the original author's delete the photos I can simply substitute the pics from my server. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that the server is up 24/7/365 - not in my pay grade nor in my abilities.

I have been in contact with my guru and we seem to have an apache DB problem. It will be fixed shortly.

Bill:

There is no need to move them and no need to duplicate them. It was a project that I had been working on for a number of years ever since the How To Forum was created. Once there were over a couple hundred posts, the CBoK was designed to simplify searching for material - it is an on-going project. Due to limitations imposed by the phpsoftware I have to now redo some of the CBoK to allow for more than 20 url's in a post. It will take some time for me to finish this, along with the other things I have on my plate at the moment.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Oh, forgot .. there are a couple of topics in the CBoK (mirrored in the How To Forum) that the pics are no longer available. I have already asked the original authors if I could have copies (I always do that) - but for some reason they no longer have them.

In the case of George Willer - I am pretty sure I have every one of his articles backed up and as I go through the CBoK I will update any threads that do not point to my archives or the ones that Bill has already backed up on the photohost.

I had a couple crashes over the years and have had to create multiple backups. I am hoping that those missing files are somewhere on the other drives.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Rudi wrote:Ok.. let's not be speculating on who removed what.

I don't see where anybody is being blamed for the problem. It happens because the person who uploaded those pix, for whatever reason, decided to remove them.

Rudi wrote:There is no need to move them

How else can the pix be protected from being removed? If Joe Forum Member (a made up name) posts a how to with a half dozen photos today and six months from now decides to delete all the pix in his album, what is there to prevent that and keep from having a photoless how to out there.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Well, sorry about that. I have been concerned with the server and the pics on the server not showing up in the CBoK as I mentioned in my first post. I keep forgetting that there are a couple of threads that have missing pics such as the one linked to. I have emails and pm's out to those members who wrote the articles and have been trying to get copies of the missing pics.

The server will be up hopefully soon and the rest of the pics that are stored there will be up again. Then as the CBoK is redone, I will verify the integrity of the pics and then reload them.

I guess I owe Bill an apology --- :oops: sometimes foot inserts itself into an open orifice that sometimes is better off not open :big give up: Also, there has been a lot on my plate lately and today was not a good one.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Rudi, don't worry about it, we all miss parts of a thread now and then and feel foolish about it later.

Circle of Safety

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:39 am

Bill, Rudi, Is there any way to tell which of my pix are linked to a post. I'm sure I have duplicate pix on the host, and would like to delete then to free up space. Also since I'm not a numbers person I'd delete post that aren't revelant to searches. I guess I would have to look at each one individually?
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:58 am

Dan:

Do you remember if you have any How To articles in the forum or the CBoK? I have your Carb pics - but no narrative (you didn't write it yet). Let me know what threads you may have and I will archive them.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:10 am

Rudi wrote: Let me know what threads you may have and I will archive them.

Rudi, if you are archiving these on your server what happens if that server no longer exists. If that server ever shuts down permanently we will loose evrything, just as we lost some of Georges pix when his shut down.

Wouldn't it be best for these to be archived on the forum's website. That way they will be with the forum as long as the forum exists.

Circle of Safety

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Postby lazyuniondriver » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:22 am

Rudi has undertaken a monumental task building the data base he has. It would be very unfortunate for all this data to be forever lost by circumstances beyond Rudi's control. Backing up the data in another location could prove to be very wise.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 am

Bill:

Check your pm's ok.

Folks:

I agree with Bill. The pics etc., need to have multiple redundancies. It is a huge project and one that I have been working on continually for 12 years. Bill works hard at this project as well since he has taken on the responsibility for the How To Forum. It is my goal to see ALL of the pics in the CBoK/How To's to be stored on the CubFest PhotoHost eventually. It is a huge huge project. It is a great resource and one we all need to support with our donations to keep it on-line.

To address the concern about losing my server - not likely to happen. The Manual Server or Rudi's Farmall Cubs as it is more properly known has been there for almost 13 years now in one form or another. The current server has been on-line for a decade and has only gone down due to severe weather such as hurricanes and such when whole communities/counties lost power. As far as the CBoK is concerned, the server is simply an on-line resource that files are uploaded to that replace files missing the preserves the continuity of the articles.

When I say archive I mean I really do archive all of this data. I have copies on multiple drives (much like the cloud but not :roll: ) to ensure that the data does not get lost due to unforeseen circumstances. I haven't been able to archive ALL of the CBoK articles - there are a couple threads that I missed over the years, but I have managed to save the vast majority including the late George Willer's articles. Currently there are almost 300 articles archived. Each of the articles are also credited to their original authors to comply with the Collective Commons Copyright that this site as well as my Server subscribe to.

Every file on the server is mirrored here at home so those files will never be lost unless of course the house burns. Even that eventuality is being covered. This is a legacy project and one that will be carried on even after my own passing. None of this data will be lost, it is simply too large and too important to ever lose that data.

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:43 am

Rudi, I had forgotten that you had those pix. Not even sure where mine are, not on the host. It was just a quick clean and rinse, new viton (Kolher) needle (still working good) and a broken idle tube repair.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:49 am

Dan:

I remember - it was an interesting project. I was just looking at the pics and I noticed that you had a jeweler's drill or what appeared to be so. Reminded me of one that is on sale at the moment and I was interested in but didn't know what to use it for -- now I have a use for another tool. And to a tool junkie -- any excuse is a good excuse :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”