This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Big Easy - Introduction as requested

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Big Easy - Introduction as requested

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Welcome to the forum. GIG 'EM AGGIES!!!!
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks for the introduction. Welcome!!

You may already know this, but there's a wealth of info on this site. You can start by accessing the "CBok" and "Manuals" links in the upper right of the screen.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Larry G
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46163
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
193 Plow
54A Blade

Postby Larry G » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Welcome from the Hoosier State. You will find a whole lot of great folks on this site.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Welcome to the forum Bob, you are never to late to introduce yourself. We have several members on Louisiana, maybe one or more of them can help you find the Cub you want.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

pm_wells
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 28635

Postby pm_wells » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Bob,
Hello and welcome. I haven't been here long but I can say the people on this forum are the best.
Paul

LA Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70394
Tractors Owned: 2 Cubs
1 Cub High Crop
1 AV
2 Super AVs
1 MD
3 HVs
3 MVs
1 Super MTA-V
1 100 Hi-Clear
2 130 Hi-Clears
2 140 Hi-Clears
1 300 Hi-Clear
1 350 Hi-Clear
2 B-414G Hi-Clears
1 B-414D Hi-Clear
1 400 Hi Clear
1 450 Hi Clear
1 460 Hi-Clear
1 504 Hi-Clear
3 560D Hi-Clears
1 706 D Hi-Clear
1 806D Hi-Clear with Broussard Sugar Cane Loader
1 856D Hi-Clear with Broussard Sugar Cane Loader
1 966D Hi-Clear
1 1066D Hi-Clear
1 F-30 Hi Clear

Postby LA Eric » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Welcome neighbor! :D You are about an hour away from me.

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Welcome and good luck cub shopping
Tim

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Postby lazyuniondriver » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Big Easy: I sincerely apologize for drawing the comment from the other gentleman earlier today which could have easily been taken as directed at you, but I assure you it was directed at me.

I am also a new member to the forum and since I haven't formally introduced myself and am a frequent contributor, you have read the allegations about people publishing information without formally introducing themselves...

To the rest of the forum members:

I have never felt obligated nor compelled to publish an autobiography for permission to be accepted or participate in any internet forum.

Search my previous postings as well as future publishings', read them carefully, feel free to comment or debate. If you don't like what I write, skip over my material. No hard feelings.

Is anonymity a problem? I don't think so, in some respects it can be productive. It certainly prevents friends siding with friends or ganging up on one person or a select group of individuals. My contributions reflect my own thoughts, not an attempt to win approval of a select group.

In my opinion, discussion forums' weren't framed to be follow the leader structured. Submissions can be more candid without a fan club to offend or impress.

For those of you familiar with continuing education or recertification instruction at your place of employment, the older you get, the younger the course instructors get. Eventually they will all be younger than you and possibly more knowledgeable about certain topics. Do I view that as a problem, no. You may wish to prepare for that day.

Solely because a forum participant doesn't have 30 years field experience at an IHC dealership or a resume on file doesn't make their forum contribution less worthy. I speak for the thousands of registered members without one single post that may fear humiliation or intimidation in doing so if they would inadvertently post incorrect information or ask a seemingly legitimate question, important to them, humorous to others.

If a 16 year old kid can teach me a new trick from behind his computer desk, more power to him for doing something constructive vs. roaming the streets in a gang.
And by all means, I'll give him due credit for it. Do I view this information source as a problem, no.

I came here seeking knowledge, willing to trade for some of my own, not seeking friendship as I already have a long Christmas card list. If I make a friend along the way great, but not my objective.

Information from all, deemed to be accurate and correct, should be gratefully accepted and appreciated by those willing to learn, no matter who the contributor or the contributors' background. To the hecklers that use a lack of background, spelling errors, or poor grammar as fodder in subsequent posts. Shame on you.

Barnyard your point about introduction is well taken however I respectfully decline to do so. A resume from me is not forthcoming now nor in the future. Had I wished to submit one, it would have been posted months ago.

Again Big Easy, my apology for today's incident that you stumbled upon and most importantly, please realize Farmall.com is not normally loaded with animosity directed at any single individual or their post such as mine from yesterday.

Happy Holidays. Lazyuniondriver
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:37 pm

lazyuniondriver wrote:Barnyard your point about introduction is well taken however I respectfully decline to do so. A resume from me is not forthcoming now nor in the future.

Nor is it a requirement. My only point is that it is a way to break the ice as I described it early. All members have the right to or to not tell us a bit about them. My post was not to point at you either, as I said, it is for all members.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Postby lazyuniondriver » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Barnyard wrote:My only point is that it is a way to break the ice as I described it early. All members have the right to or to not tell us a bit about them. My post was not to point at you either, as I said, it is for all members.

Thank you for understanding my position. I firmly understand your post was not pointed at me specifically and stepping in to mediate earlier was appropriate to steer the conversation back on a track it should have never left. Well done.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:22 pm

Big Easy,

Welcome to the forum!!!

My parents live near where you are from in TX, (Canyon Lake) I get down that direction every year or so, love to visit, but glad I don't live there... in the summer especially! :D

Do a little surfing on the site and I am sure you will be well prepared in identifying the right Cub, good luck in finding it, have fun with the search,keep us posted,
David

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Welcome to the forum from the midwest (IL) - have several friends in the Jackson area. Think you will find this a very knowledgeable group, often w/different suggestions for a solution to the same problem. That is what makes it so great - you can choose which (or all) depending on what you feel w/solve your situation. I would also encourage you to attend the "cubfests" whenever possible. It is really rewarding to be able to put a face w/a forum nickname and get to know them better. Lots of luck on finding that special cub. Two of my 5 originated in LA! DO NOT hesitate to ask any question you have! Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Welcome to the forum! My planter comes from Pine Grove and is named "Louisanna" bought it from my friend LYNARD aka Chuck S. My planter sports a Louisanna state flag!

Chris

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 am

Bob:

Hope you find your 1st Cub soon. I am sure though that once you do that one will become the beginning of another's Cub addiction. That addiction has hit many of us :lol:

In the meantime there is a huge amount of resources here for our members who have Cubs or who are looking for their very 1st one. Enjoy the read -- follow the links below :)

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:38 am

Welcome to the forum, Big Easy! Something you mentioned in your introduction brought back memories. If you want to guarantee a tractor starts on the first crank, just forget to check the gearshift! They seem to start first time, every time when they're in gear! Good luck on your "Quest for Cub"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”