This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The "Church Key"- Carry Over from the TC Pump Post

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: The "Church Key"- Carry Over from the TC Pump Post

Postby Barnyard » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:40 am

Denny Clayton wrote:
lazyuniondriver wrote:
Bob McCarty wrote:Chris, In general terms.. Bob

Well done. Nicely explained.

And it only required one short paragraph. :)

That's because Bob knows those things! :D
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:43 am

Doing a google search produced this quote:
Indeed, it goes back to early days of the brewing business, when beer was first dispensed in bottles. 'The expression church key is old in the brewing business,' he wrote. 'I worked in a brewery for about 35 years and everybody carried a bottle opener or church key, perhaps so called because it looked like the top end of the kind of heavy ornate key used to unlock church doors.

and if you do a "church key image" search, you'll see what the originals looked like and the resemblance to actual church keys.

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:57 am

When I was young my Dad always carried "eine Kirche Schlussel" or a church key. One of my first jobs as a kid/apprentice was carrying the beer to Dad's crew, this was back in the late 50's. I always had to have a spare church key with me -- just in case one was dropped. My Dad used to tell me that it was called a church key because it resembled the church keys/skeleton style keys that they used to use to open beer bottles. Brewing beer in Germany goes back literally hundreds of years - many centuries before the Regenheitsgebot or the Bavarian Purity Law of 1513. Oh yeah, I still have some of the church keys that our local brewery used to distribute free with a 24 of beer :)

It appears that many of us are acquainted with beer trivia :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Postby lazyuniondriver » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:39 am

v w wrote:Unable to find anything on the patent office site under number 3199192???? Vern

I used Google to search the patent number. http://www.google.com/patents/US3199192

Prior to Google, I attempted to use the patent office data base search engine which returned a multi page image report which was not visible on my phone or laptop browser. Possibly a temporary technical difficulty.

Not the first time I have experienced difficulty researching the patent office website.

In example, I had discovered 3 similar patents related to my submission for patent approval. My patent attorney discovered 10 pertinent patents issued.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:21 am

I have always had trouble finding things on the patent office site. I found I was usually out of luck unless I had a patent number to start with. Their classification numbers never helped me much. Now that Google has the patent search, it is a lot easier to find something (once you figure out how to find their patent search!). I usually just go to USPTO if I have a patent number and need an image for publication.

Return to “Off Topic”