This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub steering wheel

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ozarkco
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65655
Tractors Owned: '57 Farmall Cub

Cub steering wheel

Postby ozarkco » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Need a new steering wheel for my Cub. Are all those available on line basically the same or are some better than others? Would appreciate some advice. The birds keep carrying off the electrical tape I have repaired it with and I think a new steering wheel may be cheaper in the long run. Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Cub steering wheel

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:28 pm

There is a way to fix your existing steering wheel ... How To ReFurbish A Steering Wheel. Much cheaper than the reproductions available on the web or even at most dealers. Check with our sponsors at the links below. Or post a want in the Wanted Cub Items forum and possibly one of our members could have an original for you. I would try repairing the steering wheel first with this method. Excellent results I would say.

I cannot get Plasti-Kote or Plasti-Dip here in Canada, but I fixed that this past October when we visited Cecil and Pris at CubFest Northeast 2012 - brought a can of each back with us :{_}:

Oh yeah, forgot:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Welcome to the forum!

For a new steering wheel I would go to the site sponsors first, you can be sure you get a quality item. I have been burned by cheaper ebay items, thinking I was getting an original quality item. :shock: I thought TM Tractor had them (used to, I got one from them a couple years ago) but I see they are closed for the holidays. JP Tractor has one listed: http://www.jptractorsalvage.com/cubpartssteering.html

Good luck,
David

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Welcome to the forum. These guys are fantastic, and they give of their vast knowledge and experience. Hardly a day passes without me browsing through the forum and I'm learning all the time. Great folks and very helpful with any problems.
Donegal Cub.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:04 pm

If your's just has some chips and cracks, there are several "how to's" for repairing and repainting them.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:52 pm

I have bought these no problems with them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Farmall-IHC ... 3a74460f2b
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:52 pm

At one time I did a post of redoing a steering wheel using foam pipe insulation and steering wheel wrap - cost less than $5 and had a padded, leather (vinyl) wrapped steering wheel! Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Dusty B wrote:At one time I did a post of redoing a steering wheel using foam pipe insulation and steering wheel wrap - cost less than $5 and had a padded, leather (vinyl) wrapped steering wheel! Dusty B

Dusty, I remember that post. I went back and found it and copied it into the How To forum so it is always available. Thanks for the reminder and here is the link. viewtopic.php?f=143&t=75433
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

mrdibs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19520
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
2007 Cub Cadet

Postby mrdibs » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:22 pm

I got one from Wengers of Myerstown, I think. It seemed OEM, but the rubber coating was a little thinner than the original.

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Dusty B wrote:At one time I did a post of redoing a steering wheel using foam pipe insulation and steering wheel wrap - cost less than $5 and had a padded, leather (vinyl) wrapped steering wheel! Dusty B

Dusty, I remember that post. I went back and found it and copied it into the How To forum so it is always available. Thanks for the reminder and here is the link. viewtopic.php?f=143&t=75433

Thanks Barnyrd - I did check my iPhoto and still had the pics on file too! It sure makes a more comfortable steering wheel as long as the tractor doesn't set outside in the rain!! Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

ozarkco
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65655
Tractors Owned: '57 Farmall Cub

Postby ozarkco » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks everyone . I think I'll try Dusty B's fix when it warms up.

Return to “Farmall Cub”