This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Governor dissasembly

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jdbfish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 76502

Governor dissasembly

Postby Jdbfish » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Working on cleaning and repair of the governor on the cub while the engine is at the machine shop. I've read the governor repair post in cbok and lurker Carl's ppt as well. I can't seam to get the drive gear and shaft out of the carrier because the part the weights mount to will not slide off the shaft. I've removed the retaining pin that's in line with the holes in the carrier but I must be missing something else. Any ideas?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Governor dissasembly

Postby Former Member » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Put you hand under the weights to catch the assembly. Knock one edge of the casing against the edge of a workbench or a stump.

You get the idea. The case suddenly stops and the innerds fall out. I have dropped as many as I have caught, cause it is heavier than you think.

Return to “Farmall Cub”